What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Roberson......

yeah...I find it tough to argue with the actual teams, and the top players receiving votes but just outside of the team are solid too. But seriously... ...wtf are some of these writers/voters watching? It annoys me when you see ****ed up voting like this. Take Jae Crowder for example - sure, I think he's a decent defender, but in no world should be considered for a spot on the top 10 defenders in the league. Steph Curry - I've been defending him to some friends as much better than the rhethoric about him (that he's absolutely garbage on D), but again, no ****ing way is he anywhere close to the top 10 defenders (needless to say... ....50?) in the league. IT4?! Ricky Rubio? Austin Rivers? Give me a break.

Go Dre! Get paid!
Rubio is actually widely considered one of the better defenders in the league.

Rubio is actually widely considered one of the better defenders in the league.

Sure, you're right. However, I personally don't - for whatever it's worth, which probably very little. I fully admit that my viewing sample size is small, but I feel like the times I've seen Twolves play, his defense has never stood out to me. He does get some steals - active hands, but I feel like he also gets crossed up a lot (or just gets driven by). So yes, generally people compliment his defense, but I personally don't. Regardless though, I think most would agree that he is not an elite defender worthy of consideration on the 1st or 2nd defensive team.

Sure, you're right. However, I personally don't - for whatever it's worth, which probably very little. I fully admit that my viewing sample size is small, but I feel like the times I've seen Twolves play, his defense has never stood out to me. He does get some steals - active hands, but I feel like he also gets crossed up a lot (or just gets driven by). So yes, generally people compliment his defense, but I personally don't. Regardless though, I think most would agree that he is not an elite defender worthy of consideration on the 1st or 2nd defensive team.
It's a low bar on defensive PGs in the NBA right now.

So this is interesting.

Player 1 - 3 point percentage
year 1: 17.3%
year 2: 16.7%
year 3: 18.2%
year 4: 13.2 %

Player 2 - 3 point percentage
year 1: 15.4%
year 2: 24.7%
year 3: 31.1%
year 4: 24.5%

Player 1 is Michael Jordan. Player 2 is Dre. I never realized how bad MJ was from deep early in his career.

So this is interesting.

Player 1 - 3 point percentage
year 1: 17.3%
year 2: 16.7%
year 3: 18.2%
year 4: 13.2 %

Player 2 - 3 point percentage
year 1: 15.4%
year 2: 24.7%
year 3: 31.1%
year 4: 24.5%

Player 1 is Michael Jordan. Player 2 is Dre. I never realized how bad MJ was from deep early in his career.

Nice find man, but just to throw some perspective on these sets of data, I'm not sure they tell the same story. I didn't get to see MJ his first handful of years in the league, or at least my memory definitely is vague. However, I would venture that many of his shots were contested, or at the least, were not spot-up shots. Someone older feel free to tell me wrong (Highlander?).

Not that I watch a ton of Thunder games, but when I see Dre, vast majority of his threes are wide open, spot-ups.

But still, yeah, I'm surprised MJ in the teens from 3. Granted, he was still a fine shooter and the 3 was not as prevalent in the game during his early years...but still, that is surprising.

Nice find man, but just to throw some perspective on these sets of data, I'm not sure they tell the same story. I didn't get to see MJ his first handful of years in the league, or at least my memory definitely is vague. However, I would venture that many of his shots were contested, or at the least, were not spot-up shots. Someone older feel free to tell me wrong (Highlander?).

Not that I watch a ton of Thunder games, but when I see Dre, vast majority of his threes are wide open, spot-ups.

But still, yeah, I'm surprised MJ in the teens from 3. Granted, he was still a fine shooter and the 3 was not as prevalent in the game during his early years...but still, that is surprising.
MJ wasn't a good shooter and never became a consistent shooter. Worked on it to become dangerous from deep so had to be guarded out there. And no one in the NBA could keep him from getting where he wanted on the court. It took an entire team defensive scheme to make him take shots from spots he didn't favor. Even that didn't really work well. Only guy I've ever seen need to dial it back to average under 35 points a game.

MJ wasn't a good shooter and never became a consistent shooter. Worked on it to become dangerous from deep so had to be guarded out there. And no one in the NBA could keep him from getting where he wanted on the court. It took an entire team defensive scheme to make him take shots from spots he didn't favor. Even that didn't really work well. Only guy I've ever seen need to dial it back to average under 35 points a game.

I'd throw LeBron in that category of dialing it back to average less points.

When you say, MJ never became a consistent shooter, I assume you're referring to just 3-ball? If you're talking just shooting, I strongly disagree. To me, aside from his aerials/drives, his mid-range game was great.

I'd throw LeBron in that category of dialing it back to average less points.

When you say, MJ never became a consistent shooter, I assume you're referring to just 3-ball? If you're talking just shooting, I strongly disagree. To me, aside from his aerials/drives, his mid-range game was great.
Oh, yeah. I mean 3pt shooting. Heck, I think the guy could have averaged 20 ppg until he was 50 if he really wanted to... based almost entirely on him taking step back fade jumpers from the mid-range. As he said in all seriousness, 20 points is only 5 a quarter. MJ could probably do that now if he got into shape -- his body just wouldn't hold up for 82 games.

So I just read an article that says Dre turned down a 4 year $48 million contract last offseason. I can't see the Thunder going much higher. I really hope he tests FA and see what kind of contract he can get.

So I just read an article that says Dre turned down a 4 year $48 million contract last offseason. I can't see the Thunder going much higher. I really hope he tests FA and see what kind of contract he can get.
The same article that called him a lock to re-sign? Don't see anyway they let him leave or see a better situation for him.

Could see a terrible defensive team giving him a boatload, aka probably the Rockets. Basically the opposite player HCMD would want.

I'm getting a touch nervous for Dre. We're seeing a lot of guys signing for cheaper than expected due to the salary cap not jumping as much as many expected it to this year. In fact, with next year's projections down even more, I think we're going to see a few teams hoard a little space because there will be a lot of teams in danger of the luxury tax.

I hope I'm wrong, but I could see him doing a shorter deal to try again next off-season.

Not the insane deal we all hoped he would get, but that's some real nice money! congrats Dre! As always, it remains, Dre's ball!

Read somewhere that Dre is hoping to really cash in the next contract.
In 3 years, he could be a lot better as a shooter. If he's around 70% from the FT line and 35% from 3pt rang by then, he'll double his salary.

He should have at least demanded a player option for a 4th year, there's really no reason not to. Sounds like he needs a new agent.

He should have at least demanded a player option for a 4th year, there's really no reason not to. Sounds like he needs a new agent.

The Thunder already are in luxury tax land after landing Paul George.

If Milsap is forced to take a team option on a third year, it tells you how rough the market is. Honestly, I think Dre did about as well as he could.
Yeah. Between the cap coming in about $3M short of projections and the super teams making it so most clubs have no shot so won't go into luxury tax territory, tough market. Then there's also the fact that teams who would normally be players inFA are trying to structure for next year when LBJ, George & KD (among others) hit the market.

Oh, yeah. I mean 3pt shooting. Heck, I think the guy could have averaged 20 ppg until he was 50 if he really wanted to... based almost entirely on him taking step back fade jumpers from the mid-range. As he said in all seriousness, 20 points is only 5 a quarter. MJ could probably do that now if he got into shape -- his body just wouldn't hold up for 82 games.
Well MJ is the best I've ever seen in my lifetime. Take note that I never really watched Chamberlain play, old videos is really all. LeBron has gotten closer than I thought he would. He reminds me more of Magic than Jordan though. I'd give Kobe that title.

With a big contract, it doesn't take long for potential tip criticism to surface.
He obviously wasn't a math major.

I'm always annoyed at the tipping etiquette in situations where there is literally nothing being done for you. The most annoying ones are take out. The receipt has a tip line, and it makes you feel obligated to leave something, even though all the hostess/wait staff did was bring your food out from the kitchen. Coffee shops like Ink have a tip line on their receipts as well, and they leave out two tip jars for cash. All you did was make me a freaking drink; why do you deserve a tip? If Dre and his crew were just at a bar and bought a bottle or two and there wasn't anyone waiting on them, then I fully agree with him not leaving much in the way of a tip. Even giving a 10-15% tip is extra $50-$75 thrown away for nothing.

I'm always annoyed at the tipping etiquette in situations where there is literally nothing being done for you. The most annoying ones are take out. The receipt has a tip line, and it makes you feel obligated to leave something, even though all the hostess/wait staff did was bring your food out from the kitchen. Coffee shops like Ink have a tip line on their receipts as well, and they leave out two tip jars for cash. All you did was make me a freaking drink; why do you deserve a tip? If Dre and his crew were just at a bar and bought a bottle or two and there wasn't anyone waiting on them, then I fully agree with him not leaving much in the way of a tip. Even giving a 10-15% tip is extra $50-$75 thrown away for nothing.

Never worked in food service have you?

Dude should've been grateful for anything when all he did was hand him a bottle, everyone who has worked in the area knows the proper tip for a drink or a bottle at a bar isn't the same thing. Instead he took to twitter to complain, calling out one of their NBA clients, likely costing them a wealthy customer and possibly thousands all over 13 bucks. For one putting people on blast for their tips shouldn't be allowed, even worse to publicly shame rich clients (which his wealth shouldn't matter), but either way I hope he gets fired for that. The whole percentage thing about tips is dumb and makes no sense for this very reason anyways. The only crime by Dre here is his math skills.

Back