What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

Kelly has a massive ego. Not unusual or even negative for a HC, just stating a fact. That ego has led him to believing that he is doing more with less at ND than any coach in the country & he sincerely believes that if he didn't have admissions standards he would dominate college football.

LSU is the absolute definition of "no standards" beyond a pulse and not being currently incarcerated.

Looks like either Fickell or Campbell could be rewarded for their patience. The other guy gets OSU in a month when Day takes the Chicago Bears job.

Freeman is too green, pun intended, for ND to be hiring now. They need a sitting HC that has been a winner.

I'm seeing some talk about how ND should try to hire Urban. I'm sure it's more sarcasm than anything but that aside, I can't imagine that ND would want any part of Urban Meyer.

What a punch to the nads for ND if that happens.
this is delicious gordon ramsay GIF by MasterChef Junior

I'm seeing some talk about how ND should try to hire Urban. I'm sure it's more sarcasm than anything but that aside, I can't imagine that ND would want any part of Urban Meyer.
Notre Dame has wanted Urban since he was looking to leave Utah. It was always Urban's dream job. He has repeatedly backed out while telling them he wouldn't coach there unless they relaxed admissions standards to what they had in the late 80s. (I suspect that some candidates have told CU the same thing, fwiw.)

Even though I hate Notre Dame almost as much as Nebraska, I now want all the cards to fall their way. They make the playoff, and then win it. As a Buffs fan, I have been relegated to rooting for shenanigans.

Brian Kelly as winningest coach at ND doesn't mean much to me.....he's had a very good career and they were pretty average since Holtz with Bob Davie and such. teams are playing 13 games a year. adds up faster than old timey days.....but for the ESPN writer to post that without qualification....seems lazy or a fat envelope or a couple strippers from BK's agent. "time to move on, hooray....". whatever. he's not Lou Holtz or Knute Rockne or Ara Parseghian....

i did his Cincy teams play a few times and i thought they played with a lot of attitude and physicality which i liked. hat on a hat.

but, all in all.....seems weird fit at LSU as others have posted.

Last edited:
Looking more and more like Jimbo’s deal has completely reset the coaching market. At this point it seems like a top tier CFB job is more lucrative and has more job security than an NFL gig.

Bobo is the type of underwhelming, conservative OC I expect Dorrell to hire. Wouldn't shock me at all if he's the new OC here.

Luke Fickell or Matt Campbell to ND.

i think blue bloods will wait to see what preseason top 10, 7 win Matt Campbell does without all the returning seniors he had this year. and a lot of good players on D before ponying up in NIL era for "let's create a 4 year culture for winning football".

i do like the guy. he's not Darth Snyder, but his teams block and tackle well, play field position when they have to, know how to get the ball to playmakers.....etc. don't beat themselves much.

but, he might be a good fit at ND for those reasons...academic horn tooting ND always does...working with those restrictions...good fit, maybe not great.

Back