What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all-in-one Hawkins thread

Re: Do you agree with the decision to retain Hawk for another year?

I don't agree with the decision, but I will support the team... always have, always will. :thumbsup:

I was one that apparently had high expectations at the beginning of the year and was surprised and disappointed... I will enter next season with low expectations, hopefully I will be surprised and pleased.

Re: AD questions.

I'm hoping that Bohn was brought in by telephone while he was in Maui and that in exchange for retaining Hawkins, thus reducing the political pressure on CU, Bohn and DiStefano were able to gain some extra AD support from the CU administration. And on Hawkins end, that they were able to get him to wager a smaller buyout against a chance for a successful 2010.

Makes sense. However, Bohn is the Athletic Director and therefore should be allowed to make his own decisions about his staff.

I will need alot of time to think this over. I am torn between being measured, mature and waiting this out and giving all my Buff stuff to the Goodwill. I need to go to my happy place now.

Hawkins is a terrible coach and no one in this university from Hawkins to DiStefano to Benson truly gives a **** about winning football games.

Why play the game if you aren't going to do everything it takes to win? Just fold the entire program and all the sports it supports that 99% of people don't care about.

CU alums care about winning football. Unfortunately, no one that is actually employed by the university seems to.

How can Bohn tolerate this? If I were him I would resign tomorrow and go get a job somewhere else.

Are you ****ting me? How solid is this?

If this is Bohn´s call, he needs to go as well as Hawkins.

Probably a good thing....who cares at this point? No need to waste any more time on this site. Sit back and enjoy the ride into mediocrity....

Wrong, mediocrity is here, enjoy the ride into Temple territory.

I now know what it felt like to be a Lions fan during the Millen era. Ignorant ownership, ignorant coach. Here's hoping for an empty stadium on Friday!

Wrong, mediocrity is here, enjoy the ride into Temple territory.

I now know what it felt like to be a Lions fan during the Millen era. Ignorant ownership, ignorant coach. Here's hoping for an empty stadium on Friday!
Then, it is more like, enjoy the ride into the depths of hell...

i think Matt and the admins do a great job here. i do think the radio show thread deserved to stay on it's own before being subsumed here. since most of it was written in "real time" to the actual show and not speculation or angry bitching out of context to the apparent news.

if it got out of hand, i didn't see it (went to a neighbor's for a bit). maybe locked but not absorbed into the uber-Hawk thread.

Re: FootballCoachScoop.com: Announcement is coming on Talkins being fired/buyout.

So much for that joke site

Colorado:
Sources have confirmed that University of Colorado Athletic Director Mike Bohn has heard enough and is not happy with Head Coach Dan Hawkins
releasing the agreement information to the media. We have be told Bohn will make an "an official announcement about the football coaching situation"
Thursday after meeting with Hawkins tomorrow. Our source confirmed that Bohn has moved the Monday meeting to tomorrow to put an end to this.

Re: Dan Hawkins Show on 850 KOA right now

Talkins defending the faked kick at Yale? yeah, I guess it makes sense that he would defend that.

OMG, are you seriously he actually defended that play?

That right there is a fireable offense in my opinion..

What a moron Talkins is.. I can't believe we are stuck with this fool for another year.

it is clear this school does not value athletics, so why hould I care any more, I'm rooting for another team, while hack is the HC. go Falcons!!!

What a moron Talkins is.. I can't believe we are stuck with this fool for another year.

these are my own words, but basically he said "you" call it because you believe in your kids and coach them to play aggressive and without fear. whatever. talk talk talk. sounds good but has almost nothing to do with reality. sometimes you just punt the ball and play defense.

Come on, man. Get with the program. Danny is our guy for next year. Don't worry about losing 80% of our games, and becoming even more irrelevant in the sports world (if that is possible). Whatever you enjoyed in the past from Buff success is long gone. Get over it. Hey, Baylor, Iowa St, Purdue, etc....that is really where we belong. All is right in the frickin world.

Re: FootballCoachScoop.com: Announcement is coming on Talkins being fired/buyout.

Colorado:
Sources have confirmed that University of Colorado Athletic Director Mike Bohn has heard enough and is not happy with Head Coach Dan Hawkins
releasing the agreement information to the media. We have be told Bohn will make an "an official announcement about the football coaching situation"
Thursday after meeting with Hawkins tomorrow. Our source confirmed that Bohn has moved the Monday meeting to tomorrow to put an end to this.

More like so much for that joke administration that we have.. :huh:

I truly believe the money was there and Bohn wanted to fire Talkins.. He was overruled by the idot Distefano..

Colorado:

:lol:

So is this supposed to be after the news "broke" this afternoon???

A guy can get whiplash trying to follow that site... :rofl2:

Come on, man. Get with the program. Danny is our guy for next year. Don't worry about losing 80% of our games, and becoming even more irrelevant in the sports world (if that is possible). Whatever you enjoyed in the past from Buff success is long gone. Get over it. Hey, Baylor, Iowa St, Purdue, etc....that is really where we belong. All is right in the frickin world.

Baylor, Iowa State and Purdue are bigger programs than us..

This is just pathetic..

Re: Breaking News In Boulder

Listened to GB this morning on the way into work. I came in about half way through. They were talking about who the next coach would be. So I thought there must have been some sort of announcement. But it turned our that they were just speculating. However, I would not be surprised in the least that GB knows something.

He felt like they would try to hire a former Buff in order to pull support back to the program. When asked if Bienemy would be a good choice, he said that EB has never been a coordinator. GB thinks that to go from a position coach to a HC is very difficult. He said that the interim step of being a coordinator helps a guy learn to manage a large group of people, etc.

So, what former Buff meets this criteria? I can't think of any off the top of my head. Hell, Dave Logan probably comes closest!

FWIW: David Gibbs has solid coordinator experience at two BCS conference schools.

Back