What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Gameday Nov 19th?

This is correct. They set up right in front of the CEC. They could do better. Lots better spots, IMO.
Provides great views of the flatirons, and made a lot of sense when it used to be that small. Gameday is a huge event now. Needs lots of room.

Gameday starts at 7 am MT. Will the lots even be open by then?
Depends on the game time. Gameday games are usually later in the day, though. I'd suspect that the Gameday crew will be long gone before tailgaters start showing up unless it's a 1:00 game.

I'm in that pic ... in the group of people on the hillside in the distance between Fowler and Corso.

I'm in there somewhere, too. Don't really remember where though. The key to being drunk that early in the morning is to never go to bed the night before.

Is it? I'm pretty sure Baton Rouge is a great experience on a college football Saturday. I know there is nothing better than the late fall sunshine on your back in Boulder on game day, but I'd love to make the trip to Baton Rouge some day.

I think it's down to our game or something off the radar. I don't think they'd do LSU-Florida for a few reasons. One, they're there Saturday. Two, Alabama is in town, and the tide are head and shoulders the class of that league. Three, that game should be in Gainesville. Losses by West Virginia and Baylor make that entire league irrelevant nationally, so the WVU-OU game isn't that interesting, either......a bad slate that weekend, but one that could allow probably the best story in the sport this season to showcased, even if WSU isn't a super sexy opponent.

This is correct. They set up right in front of the CEC. They could do better. Lots better spots, IMO.

Yea when we got 2 or 3 Gameday's back in the 90's they were always outside the CEC. I agree that Norlin quad would be the best setting and plenty of room there. Franklin would be a good spot but not really feasible given the logistics.

I don't know - WSU's 25 ranking tells me their ****ty start is a drag on them, and therefore our chances of getting ESPN to come.

I cant post the link... but if you look up the Kirk Herbstreit interview in the Omaha World Herald he mentions Gameday and Boulder at the end. The article is worth a read as he also talks about Neb having the most sensitive fan base in college football.

I cant post the link... but if you look up the Kirk Herbstreit interview in the Omaha World Herald he mentions Gameday and Boulder at the end. The article is worth a read as he also talks about Neb having the most sensitive fan base in college football.
Q: Which college venue would you like to visit for the first time?
A: We’ve never been to Pullman and Washington State. I would love to go there. How ’bout Boulder, Colorado? We’ve been there for GameDay once, but I’ve never called a game there.

Meh, we keep winning and WSU keeps winning it could be a top 20 if not top 15 match up. We will definitely be in the discussion
Yup I would put it at 75% confidence if we win next week and WSU wins their next two. Let's get it done.

If Florida and LSU both win this week and again next week then the Florida-LSU game is a very good possibility for GameDay on the 19th, even though they are going to Baton Rouge this weekend. However the chances of both Florida and LSU winning this weekend is very slim, in fact I think they both lose tomorrow.

The one potential wrench is the Yale-Harvard game is that weekend, GameDay has gone to that game before.

Back