What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Gameday Nov 19th?

I cant post the link... but if you look up the Kirk Herbstreit interview in the Omaha World Herald he mentions Gameday and Boulder at the end. The article is worth a read as he also talks about Neb having the most sensitive fan base in college football.
After 62-36, the nub across the cube wall from me took down the disgusting red flag that had been hanging between our cubes all year long, and another nub fan whose cube was a nub shrine was still crying Monday at work. Glorious.

Well they are headed to Seattle this week so doesn't look like they will be in Boulder for the WSU game. That would be 3 PAC 12 games in 4 weeks. OU WVU seems like the obvious choice.

Well they are headed to Seattle this week so doesn't look like they will be in Boulder for the WSU game. That would be 3 PAC 12 games in 4 weeks. OU WVU seems like the obvious choice.
that means **** all they just dont go to the same locations that close together... i think we are a solid landing spot

After 62-36, the nub across the cube wall from me took down the disgusting red flag that had been hanging between our cubes all year long, and another nub fan whose cube was a nub shrine was still crying Monday at work. Glorious.

They're going to burn your work down now...

Tennessee featured in the game 3 times already this year, Louisville twice, LSU twice. Look at the spread on wikipedia.....not too balanced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_GameDay_(football)
Well as of right now the count is 5 ACC teams, 4 Pac-12, 4 Big-10 and 9 SEC. I think we all know they are going to be at the Michigan Ohio State game after thanksgiving so its pretty even other than the SEC bias that ESPN has always had. This is why I would expect them to go to OU-WVU that weekend considering they haven't done a Big-12 game all year.

I went through about 10 years of that data.
1) It looks like they do the Rose Bowl every single year
2) 3 times, they have done 3 Pac 8/12 regular season conference games

This leads me to believe it is all about the match ups and nothing is preventing them from being in Boulder if they believe it is the most compelling match up that day (Nov 19th). Biggest competition would be:
1) OU vs WVU
2) Florida vs LSU

There is no chance in hell they are going to LSU again for the Florida game. LSU out of the division race and Florida is hot garbage.

Not sure if we should be handing the W to uw vs u$c? I hope so, but usc is playing very good ball right now and has some serious talent. This is going to be a good and close game, Imo. sc is also scratching at the door to get back in the top 25. I hope the dogs beat the **** out of em, but color me worried.

There is no chance in hell they are going to LSU again for the Florida game. LSU out of the division race and Florida is hot garbage.
Don't underestimate the SEC, 'cause, well - SEC!

More specifically, ESPN operates the SEC network. Financially, anything they can do to pimp for the SEC without it becoming an embarrassment, they will do it.

I believe the better football will be in Boulder that weekend, but I try to see what variables they are looking at when they pick their location.

Not sure if we should be handing the W to uw vs u$c? I hope so, but usc is playing very good ball right now and has some serious talent. This is going to be a good and close game, Imo. sc is also scratching at the door to get back in the top 25. I hope the dogs beat the **** out of em, but color me worried.

Really need UW to win this game and give us some breathing room.

Really need UW to win this game and give us some breathing room.

Agreed. A Washington win almost certainly buries USC behind Colorado. It gives them the freedom (hopefully not) to drop the game to WSU and if they beat Arizona and Utah were the south champs. But, I don't like that variable, I just want CU to finish the season strong and pave their own road.

Agreed. A Washington win almost certainly buries USC behind Colorado. It gives them the freedom (hopefully not) to drop the game to WSU and if they beat Arizona and Utah were the south champs. But, I don't like that variable, I just want CU to finish the season strong and pave their own road.

Would much rather CU just win out and make the conversation moot, but some breathing room would definitely help. Take a little pressure off the team and let them keep playing loose.

I went through about 10 years of that data.
1) It looks like they do the Rose Bowl every single year
2) 3 times, they have done 3 Pac 8/12 regular season conference games

This leads me to believe it is all about the match ups and nothing is preventing them from being in Boulder if they believe it is the most compelling match up that day (Nov 19th). Biggest competition would be:
1) OU vs WVU
2) Florida vs LSU

and nobody cares about the Big Tex either.......we should be top 10 if we win Saturday. They might come.

They wont go to the LSU/Florida game, they were just at LSU this week. WVu v. Oklahoma will probably be a bigger game assuming they both win this week as they are favored to do.

I think it will come down to CU/WSU or WVU/OU, unless they do something odd, like go to a small school or military academy. They usually do stuff like that once a year. I think they went to James Madison and North Dakota in the last two years.

Zero chance they will not go to Ohio State/Michigan, so the Utah game is out. And even if the earth opened up and Ohio State and Michigan lost a game or two between now and then, then maybe they switch to Auburn/Bama.

They wont go to the LSU/Florida game, they were just at LSU this week. WVu v. Oklahoma will probably be a bigger game assuming they both win this week as they are favored to do.

I think it will come down to CU/WSU or WVU/OU, unless they do something odd, like go to a small school or military academy. They usually do stuff like that once a year. I think they went to James Madison and North Dakota in the last two years.

Zero chance they will not go to Ohio State/Michigan, so the Utah game is out. And even if the earth opened up and Ohio State and Michigan lost a game or two between now and then, then maybe they switch to Auburn/Bama.

Yeah. I mean, hell, if I was an unaffiliated fan that just wanted to pick the best college football road trip, I can't imagine that I'd pick the CU/UU game over Auburn/Bama or OSU/Michigan. Maybe in the future, but it's not there yet from a rivalry or ranking standpoint.

WVU/OU is definitely the game to look out for next week. But OU is hosting Baylor and WVU is at Texas. If they both win, it would be hard to pass on their matchup next week.

Yeah. I mean, hell, if I was an unaffiliated fan that just wanted to pick the best college football road trip, I can't imagine that I'd pick the CU/UU game over Auburn/Bama or OSU/Michigan. Maybe in the future, but it's not there yet from a rivalry or ranking standpoint.

WVU/OU is definitely the game to look out for next week. But OU is hosting Baylor and WVU is at Texas. If they both win, it would be hard to pass on their matchup next week.
That game will be deciding the Big XII champ should they both win this week.

If we're not good enough to beat Wassu at home, I'm not very excited about going to play UW at a neutral site; backing into the conference championship game and finishing 9-4 doesn't sound any better than finishing 9-3.

If USC beats Washington, bully for them. If we can't beat Wassu, then we don't deserve the P12 Champ game.

Death to U$C, if the CU/UU game can perennially decide the Pac12-South, that would be awesome and it could grow into a meaningful rivalary.

Other than USC, the biggest obstacle to the meaningfulness of the annual CU/UU game has to be that crap on the sleeves of the Utes jerseys.
thumb.aspx

The red mountains just scream, look at us, we're a WACkey WAC team who wants to play with the big boys.

This:
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

Is acceptable.

PS, how do I adjust the image size in a post here?

If we're not good enough to beat Wassu at home, I'm not very excited about going to play UW at a neutral site; backing into the conference championship game and finishing 9-4 doesn't sound any better than finishing 9-3.

If USC beats Washington, bully for them. If we can't beat Wassu, then we don't deserve the P12 Champ game.

I don't disagree with you but I don't think losing to Washington state and beating Utah and Arizona is really "backing in." 9-3 isn't a terrible record but isn't dominate either. I was merely throwing out variables for CU's case to play for the championship.

I'm not a fan of playing Washington anyways. I'd love for colorado to get a shot and say "anything happens" but I'm not too sure Colorado can beat Washington. But, that's one of those games where you just don't know and you have to see how they stack up head to head.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with you but I don't think losing to Washington state and beating Utah and Arizona is really "backing in." 9-3 isn't a terrible record but isn't dominate either. I was merely throwing out variables for CU's case to play for the championship.

I'm not a fan of playing Washington anyways. I'd love for colorado to get a shot and say "anything happens" but I'm not too sure Colorado can beat Washington. But, that's one of those games where you just don't know and you have to see how they stack up head to head.

No one gave us a shot in h3ll against Tejas in 2001 and well... that worked out okay. ;-)

Back