What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the Attendance: UCLA

It's frustrating that people don't jump all over a chance to support this team... but it's very similar to other highly educated areas. Us dummies love football beer and meat.... smart people apparently care about other things... like.... reading or something. I like HD TV's, game day, screaming the fight song and spilling beer all over myself when we score a TD.... I mean... I'm "highly educated" technically but absolutely get the Christmas morning butterflies on the morning of Game Day..... Man.... I missed that feeling over the past 10 years.

BTW, NOT a coincidence that the Buffs sucked bad during the financial crisis.... it just took our administration longer to unleash the monetary stimulus (facilities upgrades) to get this program (economy) cranking again!!!
If the economy's excited..

It's frustrating that people don't jump all over a chance to support this team... but it's very similar to other highly educated areas. Us dummies love football beer and meat.... smart people apparently care about other things... like.... reading or something. I like HD TV's, game day, screaming the fight song and spilling beer all over myself when we score a TD.... I mean... I'm "highly educated" technically but absolutely get the Christmas morning butterflies on the morning of Game Day..... Man.... I missed that feeling over the past 10 years.

BTW, NOT a coincidence that the Buffs sucked bad during the financial crisis.... it just took our administration longer to unleash the monetary stimulus (facilities upgrades) to get this program (economy) cranking again!!!
As a highly educated (and intelligent) fan, I think the unbelievable depths the program has suffered over the past years has something to do with it. Winning breeds support.

I lol'd at that.

I read all the time... if Allbuffs counts.

Have no idea how to take a screenshot on my PC at work, but tickets are still selling on CUBUFFS.com. Most sections are bright yellow now. I still think its going to be absolutely packed and loud during the game especially with everyone wearing all black. Really hoping we can pull off the win!

Have no idea how to take a screenshot on my PC at work, but tickets are still selling on CUBUFFS.com. Most sections are bright yellow now. I still think its going to be absolutely packed and loud during the game especially with everyone wearing all black. Really hoping we can pull off the win!

upload_2016-11-3_15-42-44.png

Gray. Gray is what is needed for absolutely packed and loud during the game especially with everyone wearing all black.

The number wasn't what we would want, but that was actually a great crowd and game atmosphere tonight. Folsom was rockin'.

On tv it looked horrendous when it first hit the air and then about one minute later it suddenly looked pretty solid. The usual.

On tv it looked horrendous when it first hit the air and then about one minute later it suddenly looked pretty solid. The usual.

Saw 44K as "official." Looked more full than that with a ridiculous amount standing around in the field house. Btw **** that field house.

It looked great on TV, but I didn't hear the crowd that much until Oliver's return.

Play-by-play dude suggested that the horrendous nature of the game - penalties, etc - took the crowd out of it.

Thoughts from those who were there?

Between the penalties and the noticeable amount of extra time for commercial breaks the game had little flow or feel for the crowd imo.

It looked great on TV, but I didn't hear the crowd that much until Oliver's return.

Play-by-play dude suggested that the horrendous nature of the game - penalties, etc - took the crowd out of it.

Thoughts from those who were there?
It was very good for recent standards at Folsom. A lot of standing and good noise on D.

I thought the crowd did a decent job all things considered. Just an unpleasant game.

Wow - that low, eh?

I wonder if the time had anything to do with it. 7 pm is early enough to make it tough to get up 36 from Denver in time, but late enough for people who have to work the next day. So we might have missed out on people for both reasons.

Think 7 pm on a Saturday night might have been better attended.

Kind of. I knew what it was supposed to say, but it didn't just pop out either. Good showing though.

Some folks were waving their cards back and forth and up and down. Made it harder to see what was supposed to be spelled out. IOW, they were doing it wrong.

Plus side, the Viking cheer/chant/roar sounded awesome.

Wow - that low, eh?

I wonder if the time had anything to do with it. 7 pm is early enough to make it tough to get up 36 from Denver in time, but late enough for people who have to work the next day. So we might have missed out on people for both reasons.

Think 7 pm on a Saturday night might have been better attended.
There were more bodies in the seats than Oregon State, but they count the student section full every game. It was also the loudest game in years.

Kind of meh about the Icelandic chant. It's cool, but when Iceland did it, it was ****ing epic. I hope that no other student sections pick it up and it doesn't become trendy.

Back