What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official "I'm off the bandwagon" thread

Ok - you still have not answered the question. Does MacIntyre deserve a third year if this team goes 2-10 and does not win a PAC 12 game?

It doesn't matter if he deserves it. He'll get it. We're not in a position to fire another coach after two years.

And you trying to make the comparison to Embree is patently absurd. Embree was an incompetent head coach. He never should have hired in the first place. He's a lifetime TE coach. He is not suited to be a head coach. We know MM is. That is not in dispute. What is in dispute is whether he is suited to be the head coach here.

and for the love of God, stop with the racist bull*****. It's just idiotic.

So much butt hurt over what happened years ago.

Let it go. McCartney, Barnett, Embree, et al. are not coming back to coach at CU. Time to move on.

Come on guys--we need to go back to when we could not get a play in. And the team lined up in 25 seconds.

Ok - you still have not answered the question. Does MacIntyre deserve a third year if this team goes 2-10 and does not win a PAC 12 game?

2-10 and 0-9 conf is not sufficient to make that call. What incompetence is on display?

What is the margin of defeat? What is going on in the locker room? Are terms of the contract being met? How is recruiting?

For MacIntyre to lose his job after year 2, he would need to deliver on-field and off-field performance similar to Embree.

I believe that if you hire a coach he deserves four years to implement his system and recruit a roster of his players.

Based on what he had here when he took the job I wouldn't be happy about us having a 2-10 record this year but I could understand it and deal with it in the context of us getting better.

That all said should we see a total disintegration of the program, a total loss of cohesiveness, a high rate of attrition in the recruiting classes, and the coaching staff clearly having no clue what to do about it then I would be in favor of firing M2 as well.

Build a bridge and get over it. Turn the page. Stop living in the past. No use crying over spilt milk.

Terrible coach but Embree recruited the best kids we have now (Sefo, Spruce, Crawley, Hennington, MaCartney,...) He was a much better recruiter than MM. MM is a better coach.

The Embree recruits are older so they should be better, but that said I am not sure if they are better.

Gillam, Awuzie, Fields seem to be more than hanging with the older guys.

Everyone should also keep in mind that Embree's first team he inherited was load with Senior talent.
No offense but I think MM could have made some noise with a senior Stewart and Hansen combo.

Everyone should also keep in mind that Embree's first team he inherited was load with Senior talent.
No offense but I think MM could have made some noise with a senior Stewart and Hansen combo.

Anybody see Hansen on the LA Kiss arena football TV show?

Loaded with sr talent? Compared to now, sure. But loaded?

Loaded with sr talent? Compared to now, sure. But loaded?

Offense had Hansen, Speedy, Clemons, PRich, and two future NFL draft picks on the OL. We finished dead last in the conference in scoring offense. That is bad.

Offense had Hansen, Speedy, Clemons, PRich, and two future NFL draft picks on the OL. We finished dead last in the conference in scoring offense. That is bad.

We also had "competent" TE's too.

Yes, as more and as more of Dan Hawkins players got weeded out of the program Jon's teams got worse and worse - let that sink in.

I guess I'm still just a bit shocked. I don't think I've ever heard our O described that way. :lol:

I am not off completely... hanging on similar to the German army truck scene in Raiders with my belt wrapped around the axle at full speed dragging through the dirt. With certain death as a consequence if I let go.....

Made it into the back of the truck. Pondering on how to move forward and gain control..... Still onboard.....

I am not off completely... hanging on similar to the German army truck scene in Raiders with my belt wrapped around the axle at full speed dragging through the dirt. With certain death as a consequence if I let go.....
To use your 'Raiders' vernacular, I'm somewhere between here:

97XD4.gif

and here:

raiders%2Bmarion%2B2.jpg

That team should have been able to do something, I think a better HCMM would have made some noise with that team.
I don't have stats but my gut tells me that team was older than the team we are fielding now. I also think we should field an older team next year. This is not making excuses this is just looking at the reality.

We are not recruiting guys who can walk in and compete at a high level. We are recruiting guys who after working hard 2-3 years in a system, and gaining tons of experience can compete.

My expectations are very low this season, but I am staying sane.

Longterm plan for the Buffs is keep their players, keep good players coming in. Getting wins in 2015 and 2016 with a veteran team, using that to hype the program with new facilities and begin turning the ship around.
That is a reasonable expectation and I think it will happen. People need to start freaking out. Where have you been over the past 8 years.

That team should have been able to do something, I think a better HCMM would have made some noise with that team.
I don't have stats but my gut tells me that team was older than the team we are fielding now. I also think we should field an older team next year. This is not making excuses this is just looking at the reality.

We are not recruiting guys who can walk in and compete at a high level. We are recruiting guys who after working hard 2-3 years in a system, and gaining tons of experience can compete.

My expectations are very low this season, but I am staying sane.

Longterm plan for the Buffs is keep their players, keep good players coming in. Getting wins in 2015 and 2016 with a veteran team, using that to hype the program with new facilities and begin turning the ship around.
That is a reasonable expectation and I think it will happen. People need to start freaking out. Where have you been over the past 8 years.

No worries, there. The freak out is in full force.

God what I would do to have Speedy, Hansen, PRich, and Clemons on this team with MacIntyre coaching. It really sucked that Rippy tore his ACL to because he was doing pretty good before and was just never the same.

Currently we have 6 seniors in tr starting lineup and 13 sophomores or younger...pretty freaking young team

God what I would do to have Speedy, Hansen, PRich, and Clemons on this team with MacIntyre coaching. It really sucked that Rippy tore his ACL to because he was doing pretty good before and was just never the same.

Currently we have 6 seniors in tr starting lineup and 13 sophomores or younger...pretty freaking young team

Hmmm, I don't want to disparage Hansen since we don't know how good he would've been with better coaches, but I'm not sure he would give us more than Sefo.

Hmmm, I don't want to disparage Hansen since we don't know how good he would've been with better coaches, but I'm not sure he would give us more than Sefo.

Hansen would have been perfect in this offense since he's more mobile

It should also be noted that those Seniors were not just Seniors but guys who were at or close to NFL calliber players. I know we had issues at DB but why our offense was so bad that year is beyond me.

Coaching this year > Hawkins/Embree

If we canned a Hawkins a year earlier and hired HCMM......we would be discussing WHICH bowl we would be going to.

If we canned a Hawkins a year earlier and hired HCMM......we would be discussing WHICH bowl we would be going to.

Pretty sure MM was coming off a 1-12 season at SJSU, so that would have never happened. We probably would have just hired Bieniemy or Embree a year earlier. Back to the past crowd was already clamoring for it.

Pretty sure MM was coming off a 1-12 season at SJSU, so that would have never happened. We probably would have just hired Bieniemy or Embree a year earlier. Back to the past crowd was already clamoring for it.

It may have taken the disaster that was the Embree era to wake up the administration to provide the kind of support that it appears M2 is starting to get.

Embree was going to fail either way, he was simply not prepared to be a head coach in a power conference. That said the lets go cheap attitude didn't just extend to the coaching hire, it also impacted every part of football and through most of the athletic program. I don't know that anyone could have been successful under the conditions that Dr. Phil and his gang of merry pranksters were operating.

Back