What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Pac 12 Championship Pregame Thread - Buffs vs Huskies

If CU had some discounted flights or a cheaper way for students to go I would be going. I'm at the point where I have to decide between bowl game or this game.
How much do you think it actually costs for an entire commercial flight from Denver to the San Jose Airport? Would be cool if CU's travel partner was able to have a couple flights for students to get 10% off and the AD pick up an extra 10-20%, giving the students a $100 round trip flight or something.

How much do you think it actually costs for an entire commercial flight from Denver to the San Jose Airport? Would be cool if CU's travel partner was able to have a couple flights for students to get 10% off and the AD pick up an extra 10-20%, giving the students a $100 round trip flight or something.
Maybe Davis Price's dad could hook it up! That would be awesome, and I think this can be seen by the impact the crowd made in ABQ in the tournament. I see the other side of it though. I'm hoping that they have a good deal for students for the bowl game. My friends Iowa last year when they went to the Rose Bowl they had a flight, hotel, tickets to disneyland, and bowl game for 300 bucks.

If CU had some discounted flights or a cheaper way for students to go I would be going. I'm at the point where I have to decide between bowl game or this game.
if you're being serious, it's a no-brainer. go to the championship game. this is the game for all the marbles.

as far as the bowl game, unless it's the Rose or a playoff spot, glorified exhibition game.

Does anyone know HCMM's history at SJSU with bowl preparation and how seriously he views bowl games (vs how seriously he views bowl invites)? did he stick with the full practice schedule? full pads? or back down from the normal routine? did his team have the same curfews for bowl games as regular season games, or did coach think bowl players "deserved" a little more nightlife? did his coaching staff monitor senior player academics all the way to the end of Fall Semester? I believe his current incentive is for making bowl games, not for winning them (which is typical).

When I looked immediately as I returned home from the game, the flights were (appx) $250-$300 each way for SFO & SJC. Not even assuming lodging, food, etc., I think a one week notice for most college students would make this a super tough trip to attend.

Even if the AD supplements by 20%, I still think the flight alone makes this trip cost prohibitive for most students.

Quick little anecdote re: Levi's Stadium

I went to the Oregon/Zona game a few years back, and I've never been at a stadium that made it so hard for the crowd to be a factor. That being said, I just moved back to Denver from SF, and know that the local alumni will be there in force (similar to the Stanford game). Also, the Caltrain makes it easy to get to Santa Clara, plus it allows booze onboard.

When I looked immediately as I returned home from the game, the flights were (appx) $250-$300 each way for SFO & SJC. Not even assuming lodging, food, etc., I think a one week notice for most college students would make this a super tough trip to attend.

Even if the AD supplements by 20%, I still think the flight alone makes this trip cost prohibitive for most students.
Well, I was more referring to the AD working with United to book a couple exclusive flights where United and the AD could put together a special rate to get people out there for cheap. Regular commercial costs wouldn't apply in this fantasy. I'm sure this is completely unrealistic, I was just curious.

Quick little anecdote re: Levi's Stadium

I went to the Oregon/Zona game a few years back, and I've never been at a stadium that made it so hard for the crowd to be a factor. That being said, I just moved back to Denver from SF, and know that the local alumni will be there in force (similar to the Stanford game). Also, the Caltrain makes it easy to get to Santa Clara, plus it allows booze onboard.

This is the kind of info. that makes Allbuffs worthwhile.

Does anyone know HCMM's history at SJSU with bowl preparation and how seriously he views bowl games (vs how seriously he views bowl invites)? did he stick with the full practice schedule? full pads? or back down from the normal routine? did his team have the same curfews for bowl games as regular season games, or did coach think bowl players "deserved" a little more nightlife? did his coaching staff monitor senior player academics all the way to the end of Fall Semester? I believe his current incentive is for making bowl games, not for winning them (which is typical).

I believe his bowl game year at SJSU he was hired as the coach for CU and was not coaching at SJSU for the bowl practices or game. So no clue.

Looks like we get the Fox #2 team again, Joe Davis and Brady ****ing Quinn.
Last week, Quinn said "What do they have to lose?", when Utah went for it on 4th and 1, from their own 35 with 7:30 left in the 2nd quarter, score 10 -7.

he also said the 2nd punt recepetion w/ no 'fair catch' signal should have been deemed a fair catch

total moron.

I haven't read all the threads, but doesn't seem many here are going to the game.

Maybe Rick George should have made a deal with the students. If they didn't rush the field he would have subsidized a trip to the game. Airfare, hotel, game tickets for $200 and use that field rush money to cover the rest.

Back