What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paul Richardson predicted to go in the first round per Todd McShay

sports illustrated doesn't even have p-rich in the top 3 rounds. i hope he goes higher than some of these prognosticators think.

who gives a **** what he weighs? he was a good Buff at a time when we had very little to cheer about. he is taking the next logical step in his career. i hope he kicks arse and i will enjoy watching him play in the nfl.

some of you sound like a bunch of little old ladies in a sewing circle gossiping about little suzie rotten crotch's skirt length.

sports illustrated doesn't even have p-rich in the top 3 rounds. i hope he goes higher than some of these prognosticators think.

who gives a **** what he weighs? he was a good Buff at a time when we had very little to cheer about. he is taking the next logical step in his career. i hope he kicks arse and i will enjoy watching him play in the nfl.

some of you sound like a bunch of little old ladies in a sewing circle gossiping about little suzie rotten crotch's skirt length.

Obviously, his weight speaks to his NFL durability. Idot.

Obviously, his weight speaks to his NFL durability. Idot.

yes, but be sure to breathlessly speculate for 8 pages on whether he was 175, 190, or some other weight. gasp, sniffle! I'm on the edge of my seat-- what if his combine numbers are right? oh noessssss!
:rofl:

PRich needs a team to pay attention to his film instead of him standing on a scale.

Some teams focus on how a guy plays, other worry more about how they look in underwear. If there were a trophy for team with the best combine scores the Raiders would win it every year. It seems like every year there are the guys who have all the measurables who get picked high based on those numbers. Other than the eventual waiver wire the draft is the last you ever hear from them.

The good news for PRich is that those teams that are willing to look past the clipboard also tend to be the teams that win more games.

You going to argue with tini' weight gain?

If he has added 14lbs since the combine it isn't muscle.

As a side to this the idea of predicting second round draft choices may be interesting but is almost always wrong, it only takes one of two teams making a surprise pick to change the entire order of things from then on. You have guys that nobody expected picked higher and guys that everyone expected to be picked who get passed over multiple times. Once the board gets scrambled then teams start taking guys who they didn't expect to still be there or reaching to fill needs.

Fund to speculate but a futile excercise past the first 5-10 picks for the most part.

Like Josh McDaniels taking Tebow in the First round or trading a future #1 pick so he could take a DB in the second round who most thought would be a late round pick at best. Your comment brought back memories of the JM draft wackiness.

who gives a **** what he weighs?
he was a good Buff at a time when we had very little to cheer about. he is taking the next logical step in his career. i hope he kicks arse and i will enjoy watching him play in the nfl.

The pro teams do and since the thread is about where he will be drafted it is on topic to discuss his weight and its impact on his draft slot.

Like Josh McDaniels taking Tebow in the First round or trading a future #1 pick so he could take a DB in the second round who most thought would be a late round pick at best. Your comment brought back memories of the JM draft wackiness.

Teams do it every year. Last year the Cowboys took a center in the first round who most expected to be a 3rd rounder at the earliest. To their credit he became a starter for them but it still meant that somebody else slipped downwards.

Josh was on a planet of his own in terms of drafting. Guys like McD are the best argument for a strong GM having power over a head coach.

Teams do it every year. Last year the Cowboys took a center in the first round who most expected to be a 3rd rounder at the earliest. To their credit he became a starter for them but it still meant that somebody else slipped downwards.

Josh was on a planet of his own in terms of drafting. Guys like McD are the best argument for a strong GM having power over a head coach.

The 2009 second round for the Broncos was a joke. Trading a ton of draft picks for 2 guys that should have been UFA pure craziness.

The 2009 second round for the Broncos was a joke. Trading a ton of draft picks for 2 guys that should have been UFA pure craziness.

Why start at 2nd rd '09? Taking Knowshon at #13 when he was clearly a replacement-level runner over future All-Pro Shady McCoy was funny to me 5 years ago. McD still was a better drafter in his 2 yrs (Demaryius, Beadles, Bruton, Ayers, Decker) than the Raiders have drafted in the past 7. Tebow yielded a playoff victory and valuable picks..what did Jamarcus yield?

Back on topic, P-Rich's biggest issue isn't his weight but the fact that there is a glutton of good WR prospects. Someone's going to get good value in the 3rd with P-Rich

Broncos don't think PRich will be available in the 2nd for their pick-says my friend that was partying with Elway.

Why start at 2nd rd '09? Taking Knowshon at #13 when he was clearly a replacement-level runner over future All-Pro Shady McCoy was funny to me 5 years ago. McD still was a better drafter in his 2 yrs (Demaryius, Beadles, Bruton, Ayers, Decker) than the Raiders have drafted in the past 7. Tebow yielded a playoff victory and valuable picks..what did Jamarcus yield?

Back on topic, P-Rich's biggest issue isn't his weight but the fact that there is a glutton of good WR prospects. Someone's going to get good value in the 3rd with P-Rich

Hey, the Raiders have drafted a great team. . . .

if your sport is track.

Has any team ever drafted as many wide recievers who can't catch?

Broncos don't think PRich will be available in the 2nd for their pick-says my friend that was partying with Elway.

Possible but not likely he's taken before then. P-Rich is probably ranked anywhere from 8-15 on most teams WR ranks. Watkins, Evans, ODB, Cooks, Lee, Benjamin, Robinson, Matthews, and Latimer all appear to be ahead of him on many teams' boards. Then there's Adams, Landry, Bryant, Moncrief, and Ellington for PRich to contend with. Probably the greatest WR draft class ever in terms of quantity & quality. There will be good WR prospects lasting into the 4-6 rds. The ACL really hurt his future earnings because if he came out in last years draft then he would've been a top 64 lock.

Someone earlier in the thread commented about Desean Jackson falling to the second round. If I remember correctly, this was specifically because of character concerns, rather than concerns about his playing ability. I'm not sure if that's really a favorable comparison for Richardson.

If we are going to do this lets be accurate, Hoodie Jr traded for Alfonzo Smith CB Wake Forrest, He was a 2nd Team All American, led the nation in Int's and projected to go in the 2nd round, McD was a dip**** but not a complete idiot. The trade looks worse in hindsight because the Seahawks used that #1 to take Earl Thomas S UT. On Knowshon, he not only was the top RB on the Broncos board, he was the top back on everyone's board. Talk about stupid, the consensus #2 back was Chris "Beenie" Wells Ohio St. who was also selected ahead of McCoy. Looking back is a great thing mistakes are made, or guys are overdrafted, it happens. Now on to Prich, he is with out question the 10th to 15th rated WR in this draft, he will be on the board with K. Benjamen, D. Moncrief, J. Matthews, J. Janis and a couple others. Of that group Richardson is a smurf, and he is not the fastest. Paul Richardson is going to be a damn fine pro, he is going to be drafted in all likelihood between pick 60 and 75. It was an honor to watch him play in the Black and Gold.

Last edited:
Hindsight is not needed with McD. Plenty (including several here) had issues with his drafts as they happened. He was a moron and Smith was an undersized CB best suited to play zone in nickel/dime situations. He was overdrafted and a really bad pick.

Hindsight is not needed with McD. Plenty (including several here) had issues with his drafts as they happened. He was a moron and Smith was an undersized CB best suited to play zone in nickel/dime situations. He was overdrafted and a really bad pick.

Agree with everything you said, but to call Smith an UDFA candidate, or even a late round pick is not accurate at all

Gotcha. Personally thought the worst pick he made aside from Tebow was Richard Quinn. That guy was a complete stiff.

Gotcha. Personally thought the worst pick he made aside from Tebow was Richard Quinn. That guy was a complete stiff.

McD gave us a lot of bad picks to choose from. Looking at most of the picks he made it is almost a miracle that he drafted D. Thomas.

Don't forget such notable decisions such as taking Darcel McBath with a second round pick. In that same draft his picks in the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds never started a game for the Broncos or made any notable contributions.

If I had to pin it down I would look for Prich to be selected by the NY Giants at 74, or SF at 76 if he gets past them the Packers at #85

Love me some PRich, but he is not a 1st round wr.

Here is a list of WR picked in the 1st over the last 5 years.

PICK NAME TEAM COLLEGE REC YARD TD
5 Justin Blackmon Jaguars Oklahoma State 64 865 5
13 Michael Floyd Cardinals Notre Dame 45 562 2
20 Kendall Wright Titans Baylor 64 626 4
30 A.J. Jenkins 49ers Illinois 0 0 0

4 A.J. Green Bengals Georgia 65 1,057 7
6 Julio Jones Falcons Alabama 54 959 8
26 Jonathan Baldwin Chiefs Pittsburgh 21 254 1

22 Demaryius Thomas Broncos Georgia Tech 22 283 2
24 Dez Bryant Cowboys Oklahoma State 45 561 6

7 Darrius Heyward-Bey Raiders Maryland 9 124 1
10 Michael Crabtree 49ers Texas Tech 48 625 2
19 Jeremy Maclin Eagles Missouri 56 773 4
22 Percy Harvin Vikings Florida 60 790 6
29 Hakeem Nicks Giants North Carolina 47 790 6
30 Kenny Britt Titans Rutgers 42 701 3

None in 1st round

so, the definitive source on Paul Richardson's weight (Paul Richardson) said that he was 180 pounds today, but would like to get up to 190.

... (this doesn't matter)

Could have sworn I saw 190 on twitter, whatever...not important. Good for him getting that weight up. Apparently he ran a 4.28 in January according to the same tweet Snow is using (I assume)

Could have sworn I saw 190 on twitter, whatever...not important. Good for him getting that weight up. Apparently he ran a 4.28 in January according to the same tweet Snow is using (I assume)

What the NFL is looking at is his Combine Metrics, unless a team had him in for a workout. Look at Bridgewater, he had a bad combine and it negated much of what he did in College.

After looking at the draft I think that PRich could drop to the mid 3rd round. Just a lot of good players still on the board. Of course is one team really believes they might jump up and pick him but there are a lot of WRs and people think they can wait and still get a good one.

If there is a run on WRS in the 2nd, PRich might be in there. There are still a dozen+ high-quality WRs out there.

Back