What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2018 Buff offense

Him being on the field for Spring would be a huge step forward, even if it is non-contact stuff only. Definitely has the size, length and power to play tackle at 6'4.5. These young guys need to step up this Spring and take this team over.

Him being on the field for Spring would be a huge step forward, even if it is non-contact stuff only. Definitely has the size, length and power to play tackle at 6'4.5. These young guys need to step up this Spring and take this team over.
It's a November article so I'm not holding out much hope for Moretti this spring.

I believe that Bobo, Fields and Ross are all among the Top 8 WRs all-time at CU from a statistical perspective. Hard not to roll with them.

Also hard to wrap my head completely around the idea that the 2018 WR corp could be better. But I think there's a lot to that.
I know the numbers that Bobo, Fields and Ross had accumulated were gaudy, but Juwann Winfree was the best Receiver on the roster last yr, not even close. And Shenault made a big play darn near every time he touched the pigskin. Their loyalty to the veterans probably cost them a bowl appearance in 2017

I know the numbers that Bobo, Fields and Ross had accumulated were gaudy, but Juwann Winfree was the best Receiver on the roster last yr, not even close. And Shenault made a big play darn near every time he touched the pigskin. Their loyalty to the veterans probably cost them a bowl appearance in 2017
It went too far. Got to roll with whomever is making plays.

Anyone concerned about growing pains with chev?
No. Because I don't think that Lindgren had "feel" as a play caller. He was a damn good game planner and play designer, but I think that ports to the 2018 staff that remains mostly in tact other than swapping Roper (a former high level OC) for Lindgren. So I don't think we lose anything on Lindgren's strengths while we are unlikely to regress where I didn't think he was very good.

It all comes down to the work the OL has done in the weight room. The team is better at all the skill positions, now how fast do the boys turn into men in the trenches. The coaching even took a bump up. No excuses.
Couldn't agree more. This program has had pretty good speed for a few seasons now, but the athletes they have brought on in the last couple yrs are elite. Klayton Adams, its on you to turn those young lineman into players, and If you do, we can be one of the Pac-12's best offenses this year, and moving forward.

Anyone concerned about growing pains with chev?

Sure. He’ll have to get the rhythm. Plus he’ll be upstairs. Will he talk to Montez? Personnel groupings, especially for plethora of WR options, will be hard to call/monitor with play calling duties. It will be a load.

My biggest worry is Chev knows exactly what he wants to do (air it out) and it is a bad fit for the team as a whole.

I think Chev may look at teams like Texas Tech (2015) and La Tech (2012) as the model; basically Air Raid teams that were able to air it out, but still ran the ball effectively.

I don’t think Chiv will be in the booth. You want his fire on the sideline. I think you put Roper in the booth. He has experience as an OC and should be able to use that vantage point as an advantage.
I agree. I don’t see Chev going to the booth. That’s usually a QB coach (often also being the OC) thing anyways. Chev has far too much responsibility with WR coaching as well as dictating personnel packages to be off the field. Roper can easily slide into Lindgrens spot in the booth and help.

My biggest worry is Chev knows exactly what he wants to do (air it out) and it is a bad fit for the team as a whole.
Objection, your honor. Conjecture!

You could be right, but until I see something proving it, I’m not losing sleep over it.

I don't remember reading the quote from Chev, but I remember a couple people posting that Chev said he'll probably be in the booth.

At least I just want to win 6 or 7 games next year and go to a bowl game. Low expectations, I know, but let's start from where we are.

At least I just want to win 6 or 7 games next year and go to a bowl game. Low expectations, I know, but let's start from where we are.

I was going to say this is not the expectations set by RG but, this program has 1 winning season in the last 12 years. I'm hoping for 8 wins but considering the pattern, 6 is more reasonable despite what RG laid out.

I was going to say this is not the expectations set by RG but, this program has 1 winning season in the last 12 years. I'm hoping for 8 wins but considering the pattern, 6 is more reasonable despite what RG laid out.

8 would be cool. This is a very unpredictable program. We could win 5 or 10.

I don't remember reading the quote from Chev, but I remember a couple people posting that Chev said he'll probably be in the booth.
That's what I remember too. Unless something changes, it sounds like he's booth-bound.

I agree. I don’t see Chev going to the booth. That’s usually a QB coach (often also being the OC) thing anyways. Chev has far too much responsibility with WR coaching as well as dictating personnel packages to be off the field. Roper can easily slide into Lindgrens spot in the booth and help.

Hard to imagine Chiv being responsible for play calling and groupings.

Back