What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

5430 Foundation

The collective should team with local businesses, CU merchandising, etc where the collective receives a small portion of sales. Business could team with the collective to advertise that a portion of their sales go to the collective.
These small businesses should definitely align with the collectives to give back a piece these giant windfalls that Prime’s bringing to town…

Big donors should be the focus and the immediate target. That's what can have the most impact the fastest.

However, the market trends and what's normal (and effective) with younger people and middle class budgets is micro transactions. CU should also be pushing hard for monthly donor plans at levels (I.e., $10, $25, $50, $100 or choose an amount) which appear as a monthly credit card charge. If they could find 50,000 people at an average of $20 per month, that's a million bucks a month ($12M per year) in NIL Collective funding. You can't neglect that.
And in classic CU fashion they don't even have a subscription model on the website

They need a really smart person to get this thing rolling. Halfway kidding….I am sure they have the right people in place, as Prime wouldn’t allow for anything less.

I was thinking about this, and I was thinking that while partnering with Boulder businesses is something we need to do, the fickle nature of Boulder business is something to consider. We need to see if we can get partnerships with some of the larger businesses in the area if we can. But those are the businesses that haven't got skin in the Prime game, so I don't know how that works.

So I'll be that guy. I just got a small commission check for about $500. As much as I want the Buffs to succeed, I just signed it over to my local food bank. Real people are struggling to make ends meet, and I'll be damned if I'm giving it so a bunch of young football players can drive a new pickup truck. If people with excess cash to spend want to use it that way, then good for the Buffs, but I can't see it.

Dude. Epic virtue signal. Well done.

Donations should impact season ticket priority standing. I’ve spent more money on tix this year than the cost of season tix, and it didn’t do sh!t for me since they were all purchased via you awesome resellers. I need a way to juice my numbers!
Donations to the AD do help your priority standing. Donations to the collective don't help your priority number but are probably the most direct way to results on the field.

Priority points here:
1697854242248.png
1697854278565.png

I understand the game has changed and I’m probably just yelling at clouds, but it’s developments like this that are pushing me away from CFB.

A fans role should be buying tickets and supporting the team through their AD donation, if they so choose. Why is it now our job to pay the players’ salaries as well?

I’m happy we have Coach Prime and we’re relevant again, but if the current model of asking/guilting fans into buying recruits stays around I’ll probably end up checking out.

This isn’t to bag on people who choose to participate in this new model. If you like this new era, fantastic. It’s just doesn’t sit well with me personally.

I understand the game has changed and I’m probably just yelling at clouds, but it’s developments like this that are pushing me away from CFB.

A fans role should be buying tickets and supporting the team through their AD donation, if they so choose. Why is it now our job to pay the players’ salaries as well?

I’m happy we have Coach Prime and we’re relevant again, but if the current model of asking/guilting fans into buying recruits stays around I’ll probably end up checking out.

This isn’t to bag on people who choose to participate in this new model. If you like this new era, fantastic. It’s just doesn’t sit well with me personally.
Seems like the choice is to support the NIL (in addition to season tickets) to increase the likelihood of success on the field and the court or become irrelevant. I just made a donation to the 5430 Foundation and previously made one for basketball so CU can remain relevant.

Seems like the choice is to support the NIL (in addition to season tickets) to increase the likelihood of success on the field and the court or become irrelevant. I just made a donation to the 5430 Foundation and previously made one for basketball so CU can remain relevant.
I agree that does appear to be the option right now. For me, I’m just not sure this new model is something that will keep me invested and interested in CFB.

I agree that does appear to be the option right now. For me, I’m just not sure this new model is something that will keep me invested and interested in CFB.
It all seems kind of Grifty to me. Let these P5 schools go beg more rich people for money. It's unseemly and embarrassing and I've got 1.5 feet out the door.

It all seems kind of Grifty to me. Let these P5 schools go beg more rich people for money. It's unseemly and embarrassing and I've got 1.5 feet out the door.
There was a board I used to post on 20 some years ago that had a rule if someone talked about quitting the site the mods would pre-emptively ban them to make sure they stuck to their word.

No, not bringing this up for any particular reason.

Nor tagging @96 Buff for any reason either.

There was a board I used to post on 20 some years ago that had a rule if someone talked about quitting the site the mods would pre-emptively ban them to make sure they stuck to their word.

No, not bringing this up for any particular reason.

Nor tagging @96 Buff for any reason either.
Knock yourself out. Aren’t you supposed to be on the basketball threads?

Last edited:
Knock yourself out. Aren’t you supposed to be on the basketball threads?
If I remember correctly from a few years back, you said you were done posting here for whatever reason, only to come back and become a regular after a few months. You and Gary Indiana both in this regard, I think.

Something tells me you’d be back under some other name no matter what

Just say you think college players should be grateful for their scholarship and not actually get paid for their services
I understand the issue but CU is not going to win many Pay for Play competitions, even in the B12. College football is going down a crazy path IMO, and the TX and Okie B12 fans are a lot crazier than Buff fans….

Back