What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dec 18-19 Conference Championships and other games

I don't think Slovis is bad and that their receivers are meh. You might be the only one who thinks that at all.

The very definition of a bad hot take.

Slovis was AWFUL tonight. I saw their receivers (McCoy in particular) drop a fair amount of balls. They're not well coached, either-Clay Helton is in over his head. The air raid doesn't work at USC. Remember that 4th and 1 where USC had Slovis out of the gun? Todd Orlando is an average at best coordinator. There's a reason he got ****-canned at Texas-His defenses can turn people over..........but they have trouble stopping anybody.

In a way this is good. We can claim Co-championship status. Oregon fans are free to claim this championship. But they sure as hell can throw shade in anyone else doing the same with a sliver of legitimacy to the claim
nm - deleted for Lady in Red reference.

Definitely not saying they are bad because those three are absolute freaks but I was surprised how many times they showed the field view and there weren’t that many open receivers for slovis. That pretty tells you all you need to know about their offensive play calling when someone matches them upfront talent wise.

Slovis was AWFUL tonight. I saw their receivers (McCoy in particular) drop a fair amount of balls. They're not well coached, either-Clay Helton is in over his head. The air raid doesn't work at USC. Remember that 4th and 1 where USC had Slovis out of the gun? Todd Orlando is an average at best coordinator. There's a reason he got ****-canned at Texas-His defenses can turn people over..........but they have trouble stopping anybody.

Players have bad nights, that does not mean they are awful.

Slovis is not even close to awful. Their receivers are anything but meh. How many USC games have you watched the last couple seasons?

Yes, there are clear coaching issues.

He dropped one Mays ball downfield. Rough catch, hardly a drop

Players have bad nights, that does not mean they are awful.

Slovis is not even close to awful. Their receivers are anything but meh. How many USC games have you watched the last couple seasons?

Yes, there are clear coaching issues.

I can think it. In my opinion, they're the most overrated team in the sport. Like I said, if USC had played the schedule they were supposed to play pre-COVID, they are 8-4 at best. By their standards, that's awful.

Btw, usc could have really used a “sumlin” on that interception where the coach interferes with the play and it’s not an interception lol

I can think it. In my opinion, they're the most overrated team in the sport. Like I said, if USC had played the schedule they were supposed to play pre-COVID, they are 8-4 at best. By their standards, that's awful.

You can think it, but it looks irrational. Nothing I said disputes anything about most of your post here, except you seem a tad hyperbolic.

You can think it, but it looks irrational. Nothing I said disputes anything about most of your post here, except you seem a tad hyperbolic.

Yeah-maybe.........but I think them getting back to a being a blue blood again would make us as a league better. If they look that bad against a team who dropped games to Oregon State and Cal successfully, they deserve the **** I for one am I giving them in my view.

All I know is that in a conference that has its **** together, Oregon is still the #4 team on the conference pecking order and isn't even close to sniffing a NY6 bowl.

Not that I wanted USC to go to the Fiesta Bowl, but it would have looked 10x less ridiculous than sending a 4-2 team with losses to Cal and Oregon State.

It's literally going to be talked about for hours during the lead up to and during the game. And if Oregon loses to OU or Iowa State, hoo boy.

Serious, and stupid ass re-writing of reality to say Slovis sucks. He had a bad game. He's statistically OUTSTANDING. It's also an absurd insult to Oregon's D, which pressured him all night long. Did the better team win? I dunno. Doesn't matter at this point. The rest is just excuse making by jealous fools.

Serious, and stupid ass re-writing of reality to say Slovis sucks. He had a bad game. He's statistically OUTSTANDING. It's also an absurd insult to Oregon's D, which pressured him all night long. Did the better team win? I dunno. Doesn't matter at this point. The rest is just excuse making by jealous fools.

I don't give a **** about his stats-I don't like what I see when I watch him (or USC) play for that matter. Most Air Raid QBs (regardless of the variant-Leach's air raid isn't the same thing USC or Oklahoma do) get 6-10 easy completions a game. That's why Mayfield led the NCAA in completion percentage when he came out. Watch the tape.

In a way this is good. We can claim Co-championship status. Oregon fans are free to claim this championship. But they sure as hell can throw shade in anyone else doing the same with a sliver of legitimacy to the claim
This isn't like a split polls situation -- i don't believe there's any claim to a co-championship. Pac's policy is explicit that the winner of the CCG is the conference champion.

I'm gonna call this now: The Pac 12 is gonna go 1-2 in bowls this year with CU being the only winner. Oregon's gonna get **** on in the NY6 and any of the three Big 12 teams is gonna absolutely NUKE Southern Cal. Meanwhile we'll draw like Arkansas or Tennessee and beat the hell out of either.
This needs to happen - would lock us in as the highest ranked team in conference to end the year. Go Buffs!

You know what would have been awesome, although Cristobal and Oregon would have never done it?

If they had just taken the trophy, set it down at the 50 yard line, and walked off.

You know what would have been awesome, although Cristobal and Oregon would have never done it?

If they had just taken the trophy, set it down at the 50 yard line, and walked off.
Man, if you're gonna sign that paper, man, you should throw a little grass in the middle, man, roll it up, and sign the joint, man. That's gonna tell 'em somethin'.

1608392029862.png

USC is the classic example.

Great coaching cannot overcome a lack of talent but great talent also doesn't overcome bad coaching.

This USC team may not have as much talent as some of their recent prior teams but they still have a number of guys who are going to be drafted and a bunch of guys who were highly rated recruits.

With all that they have had multiple games this year that they could very easily have lost to teams loaded with players who they wouldn't have offered a scholarship.

Sure it can. See Iowa State this year as an example. Watching them against Oklahoma in particular-I don't think they're as good as OU is.

Back