What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

HCMM hangs up on radio show

Plati surely set up the interview and had what he thought was an understanding as to the line of questioning would be.

Then he went to Mac and assured him what the questions would be. Then Travis reneged. Plati felt like he got scammed and got pissed.

Plati - here - reminds me of the parents who approached Dan Hawkins to get more time off over the holidays.

Like, it's Pac 12 football brother, go play intramurals if you think a national radio host isn't going to hone in on this line of questioning. Amateur hour.

Yes, Mac could've handled it better. Nothing wrong with him getting pissed though, no telling how many times he's been asked that question already. Got a little irritated, it happens. Plati sounds like a jackass, I never hear anything positive about that man. Has he always been like that? In the end, this is much ado about nothing.

Klatts response doesn't surprise me in the least. Plati forges a strong connection to current and former players. Nothing wrong with that. He just needs to NOT be the guy to respond to situations like this.

Yes, Mac could've handled it better. Nothing wrong with him getting pissed though, no telling how many times he's been asked that question already. Got a little irritated, it happens. Plati sounds like a jackass, I never hear anything positive about that man. Has he always been like that? In the end, this is much ado about nothing.
Luke, the guys who played for CU that frequent this board have effusive praise for Plati. So don't believe everything you read.

Well I know nothing about Plati, that's why I asked about him. You guys know more than I do about him.

I don't know Clay Travis, and I don't care about Clay Travis. MikMac can hang up on whomever he wishes if he wins 10 games a year as far as I am concerned.
This. If he wins 10 games a year for CU, he can have Plati arrange calls to the Vatican just so MM can hang up on the Pope if he wants to.

Wow, just read over 100 posts and not one was worth the data it took up on the interweb. Must be a slow CU sports day. Didn't the Buffs just land a stud DT? Thought I would make the first meaningful contribution to this thread. Here ya go, and Go Buffs!

SDVAWEUKCDIFBBM.20040211185222.jpg

Wow, just read over 100 posts and not one was worth the data it took up on the interweb. Must be a slow CU sports day. Didn't the Buffs just land a stud DT? Thought I would make the first meaningful contribution to this thread. Here ya go, and Go Buffs!

SDVAWEUKCDIFBBM.20040211185222.jpg
great pic

C'mon already, MM was named AP and Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year and this thread continues? I know, I'm guilty for adding to it. Can we PLEASE banish this to the Isle?

Given the timing of this interview and the fact that Coach Mac just won the AP Coach of the Year award you would think that there was probably an expectation that the interview would be at least somewhat related to Colorado football and the year we just had.

Plati is one of the reasons why former CU athletes/students have been successful in the industry and respected for how they conduct themselves. Pretty sure everyone of the students got their start working in the SID's office and the athletes were all groomed by him on how to conduct business. Their success speaks for itself. I have emailed him before with questions and he has always provided answers. I think he detests the where the industry has ended up and comes after people that don't live up to the standards he has set and passed on.

Reading between the lines is that players/coaches/admin very loyal to Plati because he is a thorough guy. No doubt he dotted the i's, crossed the t's before this interview and the interviewer not giving a **** about CU, went his own route to generate some heat. And then Plati came after him like a rabid dog. Everybody has to answer for something so if Plati green lights an interview for mac and it goes wrong, i'm sure Plati gets an earful about how it was vetted out. Could have been handled better but I also like that our admin/coaches have each others backs.

Plati is one of the reasons why former CU athletes/students have been successful in the industry and respected for how they conduct themselves. Pretty sure everyone of the students got their start working in the SID's office and the athletes were all groomed by him on how to conduct business. Their success speaks for itself. I have emailed him before with questions and he has always provided answers. I think he detests the where the industry has ended up and comes after people that don't live up to the standards he has set and passed on.
I can 100% vouch for this. I don't cover the team anymore, but working with Dave Plati separated the men from the boys in terms of student reporters and reporters in general. You learned how to be professional, how to operate around a power 5 program, and a multitude of other lessons that serve me to this day. The players that enter the industry and his kids in the Sports Information office learn the same things on their way to success in different areas of media. I don't like thrusting personal feelings into this, but Plati is a really good guy who's a quintessential New Yorker. If something upsets him, he has no problem letting you know. But please don't misconstrue that for him being a jackass up and down.

Reading between the lines is that players/coaches/admin very loyal to Plati because he is a thorough guy. No doubt he dotted the i's, crossed the t's before this interview and the interviewer not giving a **** about CU, went his own route to generate some heat. And then Plati came after him like a rabid dog. Everybody has to answer for something so if Plati green lights an interview for mac and it goes wrong, i'm sure Plati gets an earful about how it was vetted out. Could have been handled better but I also like that our admin/coaches have each others backs.
Everything you say here could be 100% correct and it wouldn't change the fact that Plati is desperately out of his element with this kind of thing. I have no doubt at all Plati was sticking up for MM and trying to bring attention to the douchiness of the interviewer. That's not Plati's job and he comes across as a complete goober when he does this stuff.

I actually wasn't refering to your post, it just timed up that way. But I will also trust Rick George to determine what the parameters are for the SID. I really doubt many beyond this board and radio pissant's syncophants care about this.

So, here is the quote from Plati's message:

"The interview was nothing how it was presented to us."

the guy ran a scam and P got pissed - nobody but CU fans give a damn about it

Back