What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lindgren, Sefo, OL, Play Calling, OH MY

They never stopped the run up the middle. We took that play away, not them.

How'd the play action pass to Ross on the slant work out?

Very seldom am I a fan of constantly running up the middle, but when they can't stop it, why do we stop running it?

The PAC 12 color guy compared it to eating cookies and one is good and has been working all day and you go to another cookie just because. Lindgren does stupid **** just because. He called a good game but was atrocious to finish drives. That is part of his M.O.

On that particular point I think you guys have a leg to stand on. Don Shula used to say something along the lines of "figure out what works against the other guy and dont stop using it".

I didn't see the whole game due to it being Halloween and dealing with my kids most of the afternoon. If Lindgren gave up on the run then thats certainly on him. I did see the parts where Sefo was hurried and hit and where we dropped a couple of TD passes.

Firing Lindgren now, as the thread calls for, doesn't make us any better unless there is someone waiting in the wings. Even with that guy in hand Im not sure this team does much better with the talent we have today.

I'm not sure, so maybe this video can help us out:

I do not advocate asking God about this situation. I think action would be preferable.

Unlike my sister in the video who would inner monologue with Christian principles and standards, I think that there would be far more style in unleashing the goddess Kali on Lindgren with the information that he is the demon that she seeks. That is how I feel about all of this.

I think it's obvious a large portion of the fanbase has picked lindgren to blame and wants to talk about it. That's fine, but I think we are going to be consolidating this group therapy

I think it's obvious a large portion of the fanbase has picked lindgren to blame and wants to talk about it. That's fine, but I think we are going to be consolidating this group therapy
Is your middle name Kim?

North-Korean-leader-Kim-Jong-un.jpg

I think there are too many threads. Let's be honest, mine started it all. It is fair to question his decisions. We should have scored 50 yesterday. We should have scored 40 against Zona and we take a ****. It is frustrating. He called his best game yesterday but fails to score enough with his questionable decisions. He is also limited by his average QB.

Just lock them all. Then we can start new ones next week. It charts the pain quite nicely when one or two guys get all the attention they deserve.

Imagine for a moment how hard Mods on the NU boards are working. lol

So the OC should call plays that are expected? That sounds like a sound plan. No way does the opposing team figure that out!
Yeah, because when the entire stadium absolutely knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that the next play was going to be Chris Brown up the middle, the corn was able to stop it cold.

Yeah, because when the entire stadium absolutely knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that the next play was going to be Chris Brown up the middle, the corn was able to stop it cold.
I'm sorry, we dont have the 2001 offensive line. Our O is not based on a dominanr running gam

The first drive of the 2nd half, CU did not throw a pass and marched straight down the field and punched the Bruins in the mouth. They didn't know how to handle it. That is why I am pissed at Lindgren. When we needed to not only score again, but also kill clock, we went away from what was working for us.

We've already gone through Neinas, Sefo, the OL, Mac and the front 7 on D. It's his turn for now. The only groups that seem immune are the RBs, WRs and DBs and possibly Rico Suave. Not sure who we will talk about the next time we closely lose a game we coulda won to a good team...Chip?

The first drive of the 2nd half, CU did not throw a pass and marched straight down the field and punched the Bruins in the mouth. They didn't know how to handle it. That is why I am pissed at Lindgren. When we needed to not only score again, but also kill clock, we went away from what was working for us.
This is a good reason to think Brian "All-WAC" Lindgren is in over his head.

I'm sorry, we dont have the 2001 offensive line. Our O is not based on a dominanr running gam
Not saying the teams are equivalent. Not even implying it.

I was making a sarcastic reply to a sarcastic comment.

I know context is difficult for lawyers to parse, but I thought you were smarter than some of them...

Not saying the teams are equivalent. Not even implying it.

I was making a sarcastic reply to a sarcastic comment.

I know context is difficult for lawyers to parse, but I thought you were smarter than some of them...
Who dick punched you today?

I don't really think UCLA was just going to let that happen again, they have a competent DC who probably adjusted. The Buffs still came down and took the lead in the fourth quarter so it's not like the offense was struggling.

I don't really think UCLA was just going to let that happen again, they have a competent DC who probably adjusted. The Buffs still came down and took the lead in the fourth quarter so it's not like the offense was struggling.

Its not a matter of the Bruins DC adjusting. They were so thin at LB and DB, and the DL had gotten so tired, they couldn't stop the run.

Its not a matter of the Bruins DC adjusting. They were so thin at LB and DB, and the DL had gotten so tired, they couldn't stop the run.
I was watching on my phone, but was UCLA giving up the run a bit by keeping the safeties out to cover our WR's until the red zone, where they then went single coverage? That would explain the throwing and sideline running. Safeties coming up when the deep ball is no longer a threat. Also explains the long throws/drops to Ross. sigh.

The Buffs were thin on the line too. DC's can definitely adjust and UCLA still had some talent up front. They really struggled on that drive out of half but they could have changed some things up. Every team wants to stop the running game and make the buffs a one dimensional team so they can tee off on sub par pass blocking.

I was watching on my phone, but was UCLA giving up the run a bit by keeping the safeties out to cover our WR's until the red zone, where they then went single coverage? That would explain the throwing and sideline running. Safeties coming up when the deep ball is no longer a threat. Also explains the long throws/drops to Ross. sigh.

I suppose that could be. But power offense was working the entire game, we don't have the team speed to beat UCLA on running plays to the edge, so I don't see a benefit doing that either. Runs up the gut to set up play action would have been more effective than jet sweeps.

I suppose that could be. But power offense was working the entire game, we don't have the team speed to beat UCLA on running plays to the edge, so I don't see a benefit doing that either. Runs up the gut to set up play action would have been more effective than jet sweeps.
The play action is what got us the long throws to Ross that should have been TDs. Runs up the gut against a numerical disadvantage are bad play calling unless you are confident in your OL winning every battle. Maybe they would have, but I wouldn't have been confident in it. However, I'd need to rewatch the game to see that. I do know we tried a run up the gut on the pick six drive that a safety blew up by running into the gap and forcing the runner outside.

You don't think Lee, Carr and Lindsay can be effective on the edge against UCLA? They have good enough speed IMO and the jet seep opens up even more lanes in the middle of the field but to keep them honest you have to give them the ball every once in a while. Apparently Powell missed a block on that play but Sefo probably should have kept the ball anyway.

You don't think Lee, Carr and Lindsay can be effective on the edge against UCLA? They have good enough speed IMO and the jet seep opens up even more lanes in the middle of the field but to keep them honest you have to give them the ball every once in a while. Apparently Powell missed a block on that play but Sefo probably should have kept the ball anyway.

Its not the RB's that lack the speed. Its the blockers.

Also yes, there was a missed block on that pick six. Sefo was probably going to run it, but the play got messed up inside. Ball sailed a little bit, but that DB also has a pretty impressive vertical.

Its not the RB's that lack the speed. Its the blockers.

Also yes, there was a missed block on that pick six. Sefo was probably going to run it, but the play got messed up inside. Ball sailed a little bit, but that DB also has a pretty impressive vertical.

I thought that Powell missed a block on the jet sweep that Lee lost 5 yards on?

That pick six was just a bad throw, could have been a td actually if thrown the way a slant is supposed to but who knows if Ross could have hauled it in with the day he was having.

I thought that Powell missed a block on the jet sweep that Lee lost 5 yards on?

That pick six was just a bad throw, could have been a td actually if thrown the way a slant is supposed to but who knows if Ross could have hauled it in with the day he was having.
I will say Ross should have had a TD and would have if Sefo had not underthrown the ball by 3 yards. Ross almost made a David Tyree type catch there.

I feel like Ross and Fields were swapped this week due to Shay's ankle. If Fields had been the receiver on those throws, I think he makes at least one of them, if not two.

I feel like everyone is taking crazy pills, or just needs to find someone to blame the loss on. We gave up 8 yards per play on defense or something ridiculous like that. We scored what, 27 points?, on the road, against a top 25 team that had WAY MORE talent than us - and more experience most places except QB. We rang up over 100 plays and protected our defense. We did that with an offensive line playing without our best OL (Irwin), playing our RT at LT, playing 2d string at both guard positions, and playing 2d or 3d string RT. And the OL was getting shuffled DURING the game due to yet another injury. I wonder if the OL that finished the game had ever had ONE SNAP as a unit.

We couldn't pass block at all unless we had some trickeration or kept the D off balance. Hell, even Nembot gave up a speed rush that disrupted a long ball (probable TD) by getting a hand on Sefo's throwing arm. Oh yea, he is making all of these calls with an average QB that has well documented limitations.

And our best deep threat was a shadow of himself due to an ankle injury.

Does this excuse the failures? No. Is our OC perfect? No. But to call for his head during and right after that game? It's a lack of perspective in my opinion.

Interesting thing: Apsay is now the clear cut #2 per HCMM after the game.

I feel like everyone is taking crazy pills, or just needs to find someone to blame the loss on. We gave up 8 yards per play on defense or something ridiculous like that. We scored what, 27 points?, on the road, against a top 25 team that had WAY MORE talent than us - and more experience most places except QB. We rang up over 100 plays and protected our defense. We did that with an offensive line playing without our best OL (Irwin), playing our RT at LT, playing 2d string at both guard positions, and playing 2d or 3d string RT. And the OL was getting shuffled DURING the game due to yet another injury. I wonder if the OL that finished the game had ever had ONE SNAP as a unit.

We couldn't pass block at all unless we had some trickeration or kept the D off balance. Hell, even Nembot gave up a speed rush that disrupted a long ball (probable TD) by getting a hand on Sefo's throwing arm. Oh yea, he is making all of these calls with an average QB that has well documented limitations.

And our best deep threat was a shadow of himself due to an ankle injury.

Does this excuse the failures? No. Is our OC perfect? No. But to call for his head during and right after that game? It's a lack of perspective in my opinion.

Interesting thing: Apsay is now the clear cut #2 per HCMM after the game.
You aren't following the lynch mob correctly!

Trying to "encourage" Gerhke to graduate or move on IMO.

If this team ends up 4-9, and we will be dogs every week, RG will call for some heads. HCMM is safe. BL's head will be first on the chopping block.

FWIW...people have been discussing firing All-WAC for a few weeks now...this game just added more grist to the mill. Whatever the opposite of clutch is, he and Sefo have it in spades.

Trying to "encourage" Gerhke to graduate or move on IMO.

If this team ends up 4-9, and we will be dogs every week, RG will call for some heads. HCMM is safe. BL's head will be first on the chopping block.
I just don't see why his head is first, I guess. Especially if his QB recruit is starting to play well and the QB he is grooming (montez) during the RS shows promise. Neinas should be first, then you can start looking at our DL and OL coaches.

Back