What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Lindgren, Sefo, OL, Play Calling, OH MY

I just don't see why his head is first, I guess. Especially if his QB recruit is starting to play well and the QB he is grooming (montez) during the RS shows promise. Neinas should be first, then you can start looking at our DL and OL coaches.

Agreed that Neinas and JJ should be first, but I don't think that happens until after BL. BL is the 2nd highest paid assistant coach, and has all the responsibility on the Offensive side. If you want to send a message that the previous season was unacceptable, he's the first to go.

Agreed that Neinas and JJ should be first, but I don't think that happens until after BL. BL is the 2nd highest paid assistant coach, and has all the responsibility on the Offensive side. If you want to send a message that the previous season was unacceptable, he's the first to go.
uhh. well, if the season was unacceptable, you fire the HC. Then the DC, because the defense has been worse than the offense.

I just don't see why his head is first, I guess. Especially if his QB recruit is starting to play well and the QB he is grooming (montez) during the RS shows promise. Neinas should be first, then you can start looking at our DL and OL coaches.

Is he immune to our red zone issues and consistent late-game stagnancy?

Red zone struggles could be a lot of things and more than likely due to having a qb with a banged up shoulder that isn't as accurate in small windows. Could also be due to defenses being able to defend the run better since there is less yards to cover vertically. Could be due to not having a big back and having speedy backs somewhat negated with less space available. Could be due to playcalling.

I'm not sure, are those catching?:LOL:;)

And no, he's not. there are issues there, although I believe they come down to talent as much as playcalling. When there is less space to play in, or time limits what you can call, there are less things a playcaller can do to hide deficiencies.

Lindgren, btw, does not make the decision to run or pass in end of game situations. That's HCMM per last week's interview. Interesting question on late game issues: Do we turtle on offense because Lindgren wants to, or because HCMM wants to?

uhh. well, if the season was unacceptable, you fire the HC. Then the DC, because the defense has been worse than the offense.

Say What? The Defense has shown remarkable improvement while the offense has declined. That is what the statistics show. Meanwhile, the defense is young due to injuries and still showing immense improvement. The offense - ehhhhhh

Say What? The Defense has shown remarkable improvement while the offense has declined. That is what the statistics show. Meanwhile, the defense is young due to injuries and still showing immense improvement. The offense - ehhhhhh
Oh, what an interesting set of excuses you've made for a defense that is giving up just as many yards per play as last year in conference. Why doesn't the offense get the same youth excuses given the state of the OL?

I'm not sure, are those catching?:LOL:;)

And no, he's not. there are issues there, although I believe they come down to talent as much as playcalling. When there is less space to play in, or time limits what you can call, there are less things a playcaller can do to hide deficiencies.

Lindgren, btw, does not make the decision to run or pass in end of game situations. That's HCMM per last week's interview. Interesting question on late game issues: Do we turtle on offense because Lindgren wants to, or because HCMM wants to?

I didn't know this. Wow, that is pretty interesting.

Yes, he also ****ed my non-existent sister, my dog and every other thing. My problem is he has not shown what we need out of an OC to win in the Pac 12. He is next on the chopping block if we want a Pac 12 caliber coaching staff and not a MWC staff.
Norm Chow CAN coordinate and I hear he's available.

I feel like everyone is taking crazy pills, or just needs to find someone to blame the loss on. We gave up 8 yards per play on defense or something ridiculous like that. We scored what, 27 points?, on the road, against a top 25 team that had WAY MORE talent than us - and more experience most places except QB. We rang up over 100 plays and protected our defense. We did that with an offensive line playing without our best OL (Irwin), playing our RT at LT, playing 2d string at both guard positions, and playing 2d or 3d string RT. And the OL was getting shuffled DURING the game due to yet another injury. I wonder if the OL that finished the game had ever had ONE SNAP as a unit.

We couldn't pass block at all unless we had some trickeration or kept the D off balance. Hell, even Nembot gave up a speed rush that disrupted a long ball (probable TD) by getting a hand on Sefo's throwing arm. Oh yea, he is making all of these calls with an average QB that has well documented limitations.

And our best deep threat was a shadow of himself due to an ankle injury.

Does this excuse the failures? No. Is our OC perfect? No. But to call for his head during and right after that game? It's a lack of perspective in my opinion.

Interesting thing: Apsay is now the clear cut #2 per HCMM after the game.

All of your arguments point to NOT throwing the ball, which is what most of us are arguing we should have been doing. What's easier, pass blocking or run blocking?

Broken O-line players? Lets throw!

Broken / limited QB? Let's throw!

Other team's middle LBs are broken? Let's throw!

Best deep threat is limited? Let's throw!

I know context is difficult for lawyers to parse, but I thought you were smarter than some of them...
084.png

They did everything that could be expected against UCLA. They even scored a TD. They did versus Oregon State. Sooner or later the OFFENSE needs to win a game for us.

Well, I can hope for the offense to do something different or just accept that the offense is not going to make the necessary plays this year.

And no, they did not do everything that could be expected in the UCLA game to actually win the game.

failed with andrew luck as his QB.
I think until this year, Pep Hamilton had quite a nice track record with Sir Andrew Luck. I would say Indy's problems are not solely on offense. Something is not hitting on all cylinders in many areas.

Well, I can hope for the offense to do something different or just accept that the offense is not going to make the necessary plays this year.

And no, they did not do everything that could be expected in the UCLA game to actually win the game.

I hear you, the offense is what it is. A train that can sail but gets caught on the top of the hill, unable to move.

Defense was very good against UCLA. Offense couldn't punch it in many times and the defense gave them opportunities. Four 3 and outs, 3 other drives less than 25 yards forcing a punt, Fumble Return for TD. They are going to give up big plays against a team with UCLAs talent. They gave up 4 TDs. CU has to score close to 40 points to win in the Pac 12. It's the nature of college football.

40 points to win? What? And the defense gets a pass for that? No use arguing with that.

You should win games scoring 31 points.

fify

top 25 in points against. Lots of overlap with the top 25 rankings
1 Wisconsin 9 12 12 0 0 5 0 99 11.0
2 Michigan 8 11 10 0 0 5 0 91 11.4
3 Missouri 8 11 10 0 0 8 0 100 12.5
4 Boston College 9 12 12 0 0 12 0 120 13.3
5 Ohio St. 8 15 13 0 0 6 0 121 15.1
6 Iowa 8 13 12 1 0 10 0 122 15.3
7 Florida 8 14 13 0 0 9 0 124 15.5
8 Appalachian St. 8 16 14 0 0 5 0 125 15.6
9 Temple 8 14 12 0 0 10 0 126 15.8
10 Marshall 9 18 16 0 0 7 0 145 16.1
11 Duke 8 15 10 1 0 9 0 129 16.1
12 Alabama 8 15 14 0 0 9 0 131 16.4
13 Florida St. 8 16 14 0 0 8 0 134 16.8
14 Washington 8 15 12 0 0 11 0 135 16.9
15 North Carolina 8 17 16 0 0 6 0 136 17.0
16 Penn St. 9 19 19 0 0 7 0 154 17.1
17 Houston 8 18 18 0 0 4 0 138 17.3
18 Clemson 8 18 15 0 0 6 0 141 17.6
- Northwestern 8 16 13 0 0 10 1 141 17.6
20 Mississippi St. 8 13 13 0 0 17 0 142 17.8
21 Toledo 8 16 15 0 0 11 1 146 18.3
22 Boise St. 9 21 21 0 0 6 0 165 18.3
23 Oklahoma 8 18 18 0 0 7 0 147 18.4
24 Vanderbilt 8 16 16 0 0 12 0 148 18.5
25 San Diego St. 9 21 21 0 0 7 0 168 18.7
http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/28

40 points to win? What? And the defense gets a pass for that? No use arguing with that.
We should be able to win scoring 30 but when Sefo throws a pick 6 and our offense settles for FGs and our offense puts no pressure on the opposing offense. We are going to lose a lot of games like we did Saturday and the last two weeks.

Back