What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

Yeah, cherry picking 6 games in his first year at LSU to back up some murky assertion that Aranda isn't as good as advertised. You're so much better than this. His defense is averaging 18 pts/game given up so far this year, though, in case you've missed it.

I think I would be wary of any coaches/assistants who have made their name at Wisconsin, including both Aranda and Andersen.

That's a fair point to bring up. Beilema is also 27-29 since leaving Wisconsin.

I do think Aranda is really good, but I also look at Jim Leonhard (!?!?) having that defense ranked third in the Big Ten and it makes you wonder.

I will never complain about anything again if Gary Anderson ends up as head coach of Nebraska once Riley is fired. Please, please let it happen.

Might as well start a jobs open thread:

Open:
UTEP- Koogle, Kugler, Freddy Krueger, whatever his name is, got canned. Mike "It's rolling baby" Price makes a cameo for round 2.
Oregon St. Beavers- Gary Andersen resigns/quits/fires/jumps bail. Interim Cory Hall.
Ole Miss- Hugh Freeze and his little black book out the door.

Likely to be open:

kNU- Mike Riley on thin ice after No. Ill. does the corn in their own crib, and Wiscy does their yearly creaming of the corn. AD Eichorst out, so Riley likely to be walking out at year's end
KSU- Bill Snydley is a year or two younger than Methuselah, so he has to retire this year. Right? Eventually I will be right on this prediction.

EDIT: I left off Butch Jones. Then I saw Duff's post above. No way that guy lasts the year in Knoxville.

Last edited:
Might as well start a jobs open thread:

Open:
UTEP- Koogle, Kugler, Freddy Krueger, whatever his name is, got canned. Mike "It's rolling baby" Price makes a cameo for round 2.
Oregon St. Beavers- Gary Andersen resigns/quits/fires/jumps bail. Interim Cory Hall.
Ole Miss- Hugh Freeze and his little black book out the door.

Likely to be open:

kNU- Mike Riley on thin ice after No. Ill. does the corn in their own crib, and Wiscy does their yearly creaming of the corn. AD Eichorst out, so Riley likely to be walking out at year's end
KSU- Bill Snydley is a year or two younger than Methuselah, so he has to retire this year. Right? Eventually I will be right on this prediction.

EDIT: I left off Butch Jones. Then I saw Duff's post above. No way that guy lasts the year in Knoxville.

Key with NU IMO is their AD search. They brought in Dave Rimington on an interim basis, and he was pretty quick to say he didn't want the job on a permanent basis......and he also doesn't sound like he was willing to be the one to fire Riley. I would think firing Riley would be first for whoever they get to take that gig.......They've already been turned down once (Chris Del Conte from TCU). Trev Alberts also said no.....but looks like a "We're not interested in you" no.

Last edited:

He’s 9-2 in one score games, somehow the man manages to win some games that he has no business winning. The fact that he needed a miracle to beat BUTCH JONES should explain a lot about why he’s on the hot seat despite stumbling into winning the East the last two years with Muschamp’s NFL defenders.

Florida will be without their best safety net WR this week on top of other guys who won’t be playing. I think they lose to aTm, get pounded by Georgia the following week, struggle/lose to Missouri on the road, and then Muschamp ends McElwain’s season in South Carolina. Then Florida steals Frost from Nebraska ^_^

I am guessing he gets at least one more year. Buyout is steep ($12 million +) and I believe they are still paying off what they owe CSU. Even at Florida, that is a ****load of money to shell out.

Say they get a hot young name, win alot, and stay outta trouble. Couldn't they make up most of that in a years time?

bad-santa-wish1.gif

The Butch Jones situation scares me. Food cart is probably out the door and Tennesseee is exactly the kind of program, with big $$ and a proud tradition which has sucked for too long, that comes looking for a guy like Mac. Tennessee is a hot mess but I have no doubt Mac and his turn around skills could fix them and make them competitive.

I also get the feeling that Mac is still a little pissed at the CU administration for reprimanding him and making him pay a pretty stiff fine (wasn't it $100K+) for his lack of psychic ability to see into the private lives of his assistant coaches.

I got a feeling Mac will be gone before next season.

The Butch Jones situation scares me. Food cart is probably out the door and Tennesseee is exactly the kind of program, with big $$ and a proud tradition which has sucked for too long, that comes looking for a guy like Mac. Tennessee is a hot mess but I have no doubt Mac and his turn around skills could fix them and make them competitive.

I also get the feeling that Mac is still a little pissed at the CU administration for reprimanding him and making him pay a pretty stiff fine (wasn't it $100K+) for his lack of psychic ability to see into the private lives of his assistant coaches.

Tennessee doesn't even entertain MM unless their first 8 options turn them down.

Tennessee is looking for someone to take an underachieving program to championship level, it is not a complete rebuild. Does that sound like a good fit for MacIntyre?

I don't know why you'd be scared. I respect what MMac has done with rebuilding a down trodden program but really have my doubts he can get us a lot higher unless he starts getting rid of the deadweight on his staff. He's done a great job of balancing positions and classes and has definitely put us in a better place. I would be very interested to see who Rick George would target as HC. I know I trust his judgement to get a premium coach. As a program, we are much more attractive than we were just 3 years ago.

Mm leaving would be a good thing.

And SEC programs would laugh at his recruiting track record

I do not see MacIntyre as a hot commodity at the top schools looking for a new HC. He has 2 winning seasons in 8 years, is not known as a recruiter, and is not all all the charismatic. Just my opinion but I don't see Tennessee knocking on his door.

Exactly, any of the top programs who end up looking for a new HC after this season will have their sights set much higher than MacIntyre.

Back