What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UCLA Pregame thread

Is tackling going to improve at “camp”?

Good tackling remains a concern of mine on this team (except Landman and a couple others)
I'll tell you what, I think tackling as an art is being lost (maybe with reason) due to all the new tackling techniques. Way less concussions (I guess) and way more leg injuries and missed tackles but I guess you have to take the trade so you don't end up with a drool rag at 45 like me?

I'll tell you what, I think tackling as an art is being lost (maybe with reason) due to all the new tackling techniques. Way less concussions (I guess) and way more leg injuries and missed tackles but I guess you have to take the trade so you don't end up with a drool rag at 45 like me?
Much like with how there are a lot of different technique schemes for OL blocking, a team better have a tackling system. The team needs to train in that system, master the techniques of that system, and stick with that system over time if it wants to be good at it. I think that in both areas of fundamentals (blocking and tackling) that CU is in the process of evolving how it does things and will improve over the course of the season & into future seasons.

Trust me, I get all that (pilot and all). But seriously, I know you of all people have watched CU closely over the years. Can you give me any example in the last 15 or 20 years where altitude actually made a difference? Our home record as part of the PAC-12 is abysmal. We’ve lost to FCS teams at home. If we win, it’s just because we’re better. But there have been more than a handful of times we’ve been motor boated at home. Oregon, USC, ASU, hell, even Cal and WAZZU have out gassed us at our own field.

You know altitude isn't the only factor, right? Being an awful team which we have been many years recently doesn't get offset by altitude.

Altitude is a factor. It's not the only one.

We made edsbs

https://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2018/9/20/17880974/the-2018-season-so-far-whos-fooling-us

RESUME SO FAR: Wins over Colorado State (1-3, 113th S&P), Nebraska (0-2, 46th), and FCS New Hampshire (0-3).
LOOKING AHEAD: Games against UCLA (0-3, 85th), Arizona State (2-1, 55th), and USC (1-2, 39th).
PROGNOSIS: I’m putting it out there: they hit 6-0 and start getting discussed as an outsider playoff contender.
The Buffaloes went 5-7 last year, following up a 2016 campaign in which they went a surprising 10-4 and won the Pac-12 South. So, which are they? They haven’t told us much, and the next three games may not be instructive either. UCLA has been extremely flat to start Chip Kelly’s tenure, while Arizona State’s Herm Edwards experiment is going to be a riddle all season long. USC means nothing. USC is a nihilistic prank at this point.
PREDICTION: No one from the Pac-12 makes the playoff this year.

I think the really dangerous thing is the rules are making some, not all, play hesitant in some situations. That's a bad ****ing idea on a football field. I've noticed it in quite a few games I've watched this year.

This actually might have marked the low-point of the decade of despair. We were clearly the worst team in FBS. I honestly felt devalued as a human being.

I refuse to go back and look, but I think they immediately scored, we dropped the kickoff, which they recovered, and immediately scored. Then, on our first play on offense, we had like three procedure penalties. Anyone who made it farther than that is a brave soul indeed.

Does anyone else consider UCLA a rivalry game? I do because the refs are always horrible and UCLA is just a dirty cheap arse team. Like the time they were punching Sefo in the head in the pile and Sefo got a penalty for it. I HATE HATE UCLA!!!!

It's been clear for a while that Chip decided that he was gonna sign a contract that gives him a few years of job security and then he was gonna blow up UCLA football and rebuild it. Really sucks for guys already on the roster.
Sounds sort of what Jordan Murphy went through at CSU and CU. Recruited to play fullback at CSU, they drop the position. Comes to CU under Embree and they like him in that role. MM shows up and B. Limpren decides to never use him. Tough for a kid to make that work.

I refuse to go back and look, but I think they immediately scored, we dropped the kickoff, which they recovered, and immediately scored. Then, on our first play on offense, we had like three procedure penalties. Anyone who made it farther than that is a brave soul indeed.
You didn't wanna watch Espinoza Island? Shame. He's the Primetime of walk ons.:D

The only surprising thing is that he didn't leave before school started.
I think I heard Neuheisel say that UCLA is on the quarter system and school hasn't started yet, although he was talking about the true freshmen, not sure how that works for players already on the roster.

Last edited:
Back