What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

UCLA Pregame thread

UCLA is getting a couple of key interior lineman (one offense, one defense) back from injury. I think the Buffs will win, but don't discount this game. If Speight starts, it could give them a lift. As most know, he was the Michigan QB in the 2016 game vs. Buffs at the Big House.

Both the USC and UCLA hosts on the P12 podcast of champions pick Colorado to beat the 10 point spread against UCLA.

Dave Woods says no one in UCLA’s secondary is talented enough to cover Shanault.
Bust them in the mouth early, they'll quit. Hell, most of them already have. Another take care of business game.
Good lord I hope all this sunshine pumping is more accurate than I feel like it is.

I'm with @Darth Snow on this one- this is another game that won't tell us anything about the Buffs unless they lose. I'm also still shell-shocked from the Hawk/Embree era; very nervous about CU being big favorites at home.

I see 3 options:

1) A team like 2017's, that's unable to win the close/tough games [hopefully winning in Lincoln means this isn't the case.]
2) A team like 2016's that's smart and tough as nails and wins the close games.
3) A team with young play makers and swagger who blows out lesser P 12 teams and wins the close games.

If we come in prepared and NOT overconfident, we will walk away comfortably.
However, looking at the teams we've played thus far, I can't say I know who we are yet.

Nebraska flat out sucks this year, CSU : ditto, New Hampshire???? yeah....

We look very good, but our first three wins have been against a large pile of stinking crap.
Let's hope we play as well against the PAC, and it starts Friday!

I'm worried about the strength of our opponents so far this season as well, but I honestly believe that we got the best punch from both CSU and Nebraska this year and they have faded a bit since playing us, particularly true of Nebraska.

I also hope that Speight starts this game and plays the majority. Buffs will do better against an immobile QB, versus a more athletic DTR.

I'm worried about the strength of our opponents so far this season as well, but I honestly believe that we got the best punch from both CSU and Nebraska this year and they have faded a bit since playing us, particularly true of Nebraska.

I also hope that Speight starts this game and plays the majority. Buffs will do better against an immobile QB, versus a more athletic DTR.
Can only play the teams on your schedule. Outside the corn CU smashed the OOC schedule. Certainly an improvement over last season.

The team is rebuilding a bit on the fly and winning.
Good programs do this.

It's something we haven't seen up close in a long time, so go easy on the folks who don't recognize what's going on.

It's hard to wrap our minds around a team that is both "rebuilding a bit" and good enough to possibly compete for the division.

If we come in prepared and NOT overconfident, we will walk away comfortably.
However, looking at the teams we've played thus far, I can't say I know who we are yet.

Nebraska flat out sucks this year, CSU : ditto, New Hampshire???? yeah....

We look very good, but our first three wins have been against a large pile of stinking crap.
Let's hope we play as well against the PAC, and it starts Friday!

I kind of really hate this argument about being worried by the performance of past foes when you win like you should. This team dominated CSU and New Hampshire like they should have and beat Nebraska in what will end up be the Nubs’ best performance of the season in the opener in their house. Every year look at the teams that end up being good or great that’s have close calls or lose to teams they shouldn’t e.g Clemson last year vs. Syracuse. It’s not like last year when we had trouble with CSU and Northern Colorado. This argument is valid then. The way the Buffs have played this year so far is indicative to me of a good team, not great but a very solid, good team with the chance to get noticeably better each and every week

I just worry about injuries where we can't have them, y'all know where. We can have a solid year, Idk about great? Good news, I do agree they can improve going forward.

UCLA hasn't played very good football. If we lose to them, we are not a very good football team.

I expected the Buffs to be 5-0 entering the Coliseum and so far so good.

Is UCLA better or worse than NU when CU played them in Week 2?

I get the concerns over who we have played, but I think people underestimate how much turnover this team has had from last season. Lots of new players in prominent roles. The team is rebuilding a bit on the fly and winning.

I happen to believe that Chiv hasn't played all of his cards yet. He created a two headed monster in lining up Shenault & McM in the wild cat. One was a 4* dual threat QB out of HS, the rest of the season is going to be a lot fun to watch.

Back