What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Bowl projections

The Rose Bowl payout is $18mil/team. Plus all the publicity and awesomeness that comes with it

The Rose Bowl payout is $18mil/team. Plus all the publicity and awesomeness that comes with it

Rose Bowl >>>>>>>>>>Cotton Bowl>Alamo

Gotta go where the weather is nice and the New Years parade is iconic.

Benefits of Cotton Bowl is Jerry World, a team CU can be favored to beat, and several dozen recruits and commits getting quality time with the coaches.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, but that's where the highest Group of 5 champ must go, given its the only non semifinal that isn't tied in to another conference. I don't know how we'd end up there, and I don't know if I'd want to be the team that has to play somebody like Western Michigan, San Diego State, or even Wyoming. The payout isn't worth a possible loss to a Group of 5 opponent. I'd almost rather go wax Baylor in the Alamo Bowl if it were up to me.

No, but that's where the highest Group of 5 champ must go, given its the only non semifinal that isn't tied in to another conference. I don't know how we'd end up there, and I don't know if I'd want to be the team that has to play somebody like Western Michigan, San Diego State, or even Wyoming. The payout isn't worth a possible loss to a Group of 5 opponent. I'd almost rather go wax Baylor in the Alamo Bowl if it were up to me.
Thought I saw someone predict us vs NU there.

I was looking through the latest ESPN bowl projections (they didn't make me happy re: CU). "Ir"regardless, is this the worst bowl game of all time - name and location?
Quick Lane Bowl
Ford Field, Detroit
2:30 p.m. Dec. 26 (ESPN)

Seriously? That's usually the bowl for the 8th best Big Ten team. WTF?
They didn't have CU going there - I think they had CU in the Foster Farms and the Cotton (v Western Michigan).
I just thought that particular bowl sounded super sucktard.

So we won't be at this bowl, but wouldn't it just pitz off any opponent who played us in the Buffalo Wild Wings bowl?
Citrus-Bowl.png

Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl

projected:
Schlabach: Florida State vs. Tennessee
McMurphy: North Carolina vs. Tennessee
(note: The Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl matches top selections from the Southeastern Conference and the Big Ten Conference or Atlantic Coast Conference.)

So we won't be at this bowl, but wouldn't it just pitz off any opponent who played us in the Buffalo Wild Wings bowl?
Citrus-Bowl.png

projected:
(note: The Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl matches top selections from the Southeastern Conference and the Big Ten Conference or Atlantic Coast Conference.)
Put a pair of wings on Ralphie when she runs?

Citrus-Bowl.png

projected:
that looks like the Bourbon bowl...

waterboy05.jpg

UBL alert.
same stadium. also, Bobby Buchette's mother's cabin set was set up at the boat ramp near my house. Back when Orlando was trying to be Hollywood east.

CU played in a bowl there against Clemson right after Barnett was fired-Tangerine Bowl.

Florida man arrested after jump kicking opponent and eating snake.

UBL alert.
same stadium. also, Bobby Buchette's mother's cabin set was set up at the boat ramp near my house. Back when Orlando was trying to be Hollywood east.

CU played in a bowl there against Clemson right after Barnett was fired-Tangerine Bowl.
Skip-Bayless-Looks-at-Camera-Shakes-Head.gif

I think the Cotton would have to take Boise they are the highest ranked G5 or am I on dope ?
They have to take the highest ranked G5 conference champ. Right now, Boise is not in line to play in the MW champ game. The Cotton Bowl would have to take WMU assuming they win their conference.

They have to take the highest ranked G5 conference champ. Right now, Boise is not in line to play in the MW champ game. The Cotton Bowl would have to take WMU assuming they win their conference.
Thank you, congress, for sticking your nose in to college athletics and threatening a formal inquiry.

Back