What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching Carousel...

Talking heads on radio this afternoon said LM is meeting with Meechegun tomorrow, and they think he'll do it. Also said that if/when he does, the frontrunner for the LSU job is Bo Peep.

So, to all our nubbies out there in AB land ------ get ready for the Shortbus Watson era.

:smile2:.....:lol:.....:laugh: .....:rofl:.....:rofl2:

The meeting between Miles and Michigan seems to have happened tonight -- a plane supposedly carrying the Michigan AD has been tracked in and out of Baton Rouge this evening. No indication how the meeting went, but the plane is now headed back to Michigan and Miles is scheduled to be in Dallas tomorrow to speak at a coaching convention. I would guess that if Miles is going to Michigan, he'll be introduced at the UM-OSU basketball game in Ann Arbor tomorrow -- if not, I imagine we'll hear an announcement from LSU pretty quickly affirming for recruits that he's staying.

EDIT: basketball game is on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Michigan should consider Chuck Martin. Former HC at Grand Valley State where he continued a great D-II dynasty started by Brian Kelly. Kelly hired him this past year as his Recruiting Coordinator/DB Coach at Notre Dame.

He isn't a big name. He wasn't a coordinator at a BCS program, he wasn't a HC at any D-I school. But neither was Jim Tressel.

His coaching resume is absolutely stellar and I think he will be the next great HC for any BCS program, especially in the midwest since he has deep Michigan-Ohio recruiting ties.

If you can't beat Tressel, then go get your own!

Michigan should consider Chuck Martin. Former HC at Grand Valley State where he continued a great D-II dynasty started by Brian Kelly. Kelly hired him this past year as his Recruiting Coordinator/DB Coach at Notre Dame.

He isn't a big name. He wasn't a coordinator at a BCS program, he wasn't a HC at any D-I school. But neither was Jim Tressel.

His coaching resume is absolutely stellar and I think he will be the next great HC for any BCS program, especially in the midwest since he has deep Michigan-Ohio recruiting ties.

If you can't beat Tressel, then go get your own!

People have thrown his name out there, but it seems pretty set that if it's not Miles, it's Brady Hoke.

Todd Graham (HC at Tulsa) named the new HC at Pitt. Maybe they get this one right?

Honestly, Pederson screws up every HC search...why doesn't he make his list, skip his first four choices and hire the number five guy? That is what ends up happening anyway.

Lester is either a flippin genius or short a couple of chromosones. On one hand, he's further alienating the LSU boosters and fanbase, but on the other, he's leveraging the hell out of a pretty good run the last few years. Bless that man- if for nothing else than the unintentional comedy.

Last edited:
Meatchicken fans have to be beside themselves right now. No Harbaugh, no Miles. If they don't get Hoke, they're going to freak out.

What they get for panicking and firing richrod a year early.

Or they should have fired him before the bowl game. That extra time allowed us to feel out Les, Mac, TGs mom, and whomever else was rumored or speculated upon to be talked to.

Now they can pretty much write off this recruiting class.

What they get for panicking and firing richrod a year early.

seriously. i wonder at what point RR with 7 wins, the full support of Denard R., and a team full of returning starters starts to look better than being publicly turned down by harbaugh, miles, and moving into 3rd choice at best territory. most candidates for a job like UM aren't going to like being #3 for the world to see. Hoke, as a "Michigan Man", might find himself in a pretty strategic bargaining situation.

more and more, this is starting to feel like the NU hire that eventuated in Bill Callahan.

Rumors of Mike Sherman to Cleveland Browns....I mean after he deftly handled the Jerrod Johnson versus Ryan Tannehill debate, what's not to like? [/end sarcasm]

its brady hoke. confirmed by the school.

Nice grab for Michigan (in the absence of Harbaugh and Miles). I wanted to see Hoke in black and gold.

On the other hand, the winningest program in CB history--a program that plays in front of 112,000 fans each home game--and a fine academic school to boot really should have their pick of 1st tier proven coaches. It was interesting how this played out.

its brady hoke. confirmed by the school.

Huge step up for him. There aren't any stages in college football bigger than Michigan. I wish him well, if for no other reason than I can't stand the thought of tOSU fans shooting their mouths off for the next 10 years.

Nice grab for Michigan (in the absence of Harbaugh and Miles). I wanted to see Hoke in black and gold.

On the other hand, the winningest program in CB history--a program that plays in front of 112,000 fans each home game--and a fine academic school to boot really should have their pick of 1st tier proven coaches. It was interesting how this played out.

Some coaches are just making TOO MUCH money.

Miles is absolutely making a fortune. All he has to do is win 8 games a year and he practically has a contract for life. If LSU wants to fire him, they have to pay him $18.5 million dollars. Unless Michigan was going to offer a LARGER contract, I really don't see why he would leave - even if it was for Michigan.

Hoke leaving SDSU is a big deal for CU. He was starting to make some major inroads on keeping local prospects home. They were on their way to being Cali's TCU in recruiting. We didn't need that at all.

Best of luck to Hoke and Michigan.

Hoke leaving SDSU is a big deal for CU. He was starting to make some major inroads on keeping local prospects home. They were on their way to being Cali's TCU in recruiting. We didn't need that at all.

Now we'll have our pick of running backs from the 8-man football squads in the area.

Tui needs to be on the phone with Christian Heyward when he is allowed to do so.

Back